Boost Bottle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
A few years ago, I had a T-Maxx 1.5 and I installed a boost bottle on the carb. It worked well with off the line acceleration Do they still make these? Will they work with the Savage X 4.6 ??

what do you mean by boost bottle? do you mean nitrous?

No, just a bottle for pressure next to the carb.
I still have a couple in my parts box. It seemed to make a little difference on the .15, but maybe I just thought so. It looked really good though. Try MIP.

How does that work? I don't get what it does.

Pics up the pressure in the line and allows it to flow smoothly into the carb, instead of the puffing you would normally get.
That's the theory behind it, anyway.
I have one that's carbon fiber with blue caps. a real beauty. The other is polished aluminum. I guess they made them look cool to sell them. I really don't think they add much for the money.

The concept was to increase the volume of the intake and smooth out throttle response. I've had one on an old GS Storm stock engine; the results, I couldn't tell to be honest. Although, like Rolex said; it looked cool! Almost like a NOS setup, only it didn't harm the engine.

I still have the bottle layin around here somewhere in a parts bin; chrome with a carbon fiber look to it. Just needs a tap on the side of the engine, and it's usable. I might pull it out and put it on an Ofna Hyper 8 port that I have layin in the drawer.