blowing glow plugs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVOJACKSON

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a revo 3.3 it set at stock settings highspeed needle 4 turns from closed and low speed is at 2 turns from closed.Its hars to get started but once it does i have to keep giving it gas to stay running once i let off it shuts off.when it goes to switch into 2nd gear it spudders on wont change.glow plug lasted 5 min of running.Can anyone help?

what type of fuel are you using, i had this problem a few weeks ago in t maxx 2.5 and it was because i was using traxxas 33% fuel with standard glow plugs i moved down to 20% and havent blown one yet

i was having the same problem i posted a thread about it a little while ago and there is alot of useful information. . .but your main problem is tuning you may need to retune start off with your hsn and tune it till the rig shifts and you are happy with the performance then work on your lsn and that should save your glow plugs

I am haveing the same exact problem...Went to stock settings. Barely leaned it out and it keeps blowing plugs. I am running 20% fuel. Could the easy starter be frying them?

the ez starter is highly unlikely to fry the plugs cuz all it does is ignite them to get the engine running and then it does nothing else its all the combustion that keeps the plug hot

Sputtering at speed sounds like it's lean but the needles out so far screams rich... If you can get a video of it, it will save you a lot of description :)

Try richening it a bit and if that doesn't help then lean it out. How does the glow plug look? If it is black and wet and the coil is crushed looking then it is too rich but if it is dry and the coil is white and ashy then it is way too lean.

Sputtering at speed sounds like it's lean but the needles out so far screams rich... If you can get a video of it, it will save you a lot of description :)

Try richening it a bit and if that doesn't help then lean it out. How does the glow plug look? If it is black and wet and the coil is crushed looking then it is too rich but if it is dry and the coil is white and ashy then it is way too lean.

listen too him he sounds like he knows what hes talking about

I did find that my fuel tank had a chip out of it by the lid,this could be my problem right

Wow that exactly is what is going on with mine it is black and wet so I will try to lean it out thanks hope it works!

Back