Blade mCX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroboy91

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay, so I just bought one today, first heli, what do i need to know? i'll have it in 3 to 4 days hopefully. Did I get a good Heli or did I just waste 130 bucks?

I have played with one at my lhs and was impressed with the stability of this little thing. I talked with the heli gurus there and they say it is a really good chopper. I'm not much of a pilot so my first question was, "Is it tough?" they ran it in flight into a display case and it bounced right back. I'd say it's a good living room flyer.

All you need to know is that you are going to want an extra battery. It is fun as hell and can take a beating since it's so light. Money well spent in my book.

All you need to know is that you are going to want an extra battery.

Thats what i was thinking and since i bought it on ebay they threw in an extra battery.

Well I got the Heli today! But won't get to play with it after i get home from work tomorrow.

Does the motors have heat sinks? If you are going to be swapping out batteries after one dies, a heat sink on the motor may be a good investment.

Do they make heat sinks for them?

I don't think they make them yet. I know they make them for the next size up.

Sorry, my bad. I thought you were talking about the larger version, I missed the "m".

I cannot believe how advanced these heli's are becoming for the $$. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a 3D version in this size soon.

I cannot believe how advanced these heli's are becoming for the $$. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a 3D version in this size soon.

They don't quite have a 3d version but check out what they have coming really soon.

E-Flight Blade mSR

It's really kinda sweet and what i think I'll get once i get use to flying the mCX .

Now that looks sweet! It Does look they're headed towards a micro-sized 3-D chopper.

Look at the videos of it so far

Last edited by a moderator:
extra blades are good. i like the plastic ones they can take a beating

They don't quite have a 3d version but check out what they have coming really soon.

E-Flight Blade mSR

It's really kinda sweet and what i think I'll get once i get use to flying the mCX .

That's pretty nice, without the tandem rotors. However, it's still a fixed blade setup, not 3D.
What I really like about this one is it comes with a receiver and no radio, and only needs to 'bind' to your existing Tx.
That's a great idea, and that's the reason I now buy and build bare bones kits. I'm tired of piling useless transmitters in a box in the closet.

That's pretty nice, without the tandem rotors. However, it's still a fixed blade setup, not 3D.
What I really like about this one is it comes with a receiver and no radio, and only needs to 'bind' to your existing Tx.
That's a great idea, and that's the reason I now buy and build bare bones kits. I'm tired of piling useless transmitters in a box in the closet.

They offer it in a RTF version as well. But thats what is nice about E-Flight is how they offer most of their stuff in a RTF or BNF version.

I love the charger on the mSR as well, it's an AC 4 battery charger. And they also upgraded the battery for this one as well to a 120mAh instead of a 110mAh. Not much, but still some.

15 years ago there was no way of getting an RC heli off the ground without nitro or gas. This hobby has come a LONG way in a short time, and now there are electrics that can out perform the nitros for less than half the price.

The mCX is pretty neat, and a great indoor heli for beginners. Super stable, tough, and a general blast to fly.

However, don't expect to fly it outdoors if it's not dead calm. The CX setup tends to resist flying into any wind. This meas you'll scream going down wind, but it will not fly back upwind (even at full forward cyclic).

If you like your flying trippy, get the glow in the dark upgrades, and a black light. I found having the BL pointing up (so it's not all in your eyes), you can hover over it to "recharge" the glowing parts, then fly around in the dark till they start to wear down. Rinse, repeat, etc.

All in all, if it's a first heli, it's a good tool to learn the basics and orientation for helis.