Blade mCP X Heli Recall!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangMan

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Guys, I'm a surface R/C type, but saw this in my local paper so wanted to post for any users:

Blade mCP X Bind-n-Fly and RTF helicopters and replacement main blade grips...

Main blade grips and main rotor blades can release from the main rotor head, causing damage and/or injury.

312 reports of rotor blades releasing, including 34 reports of a blade striking the user.

Contact Horizon Hobby at (877) 504-0233 or visit www.bladehelis.com/mcpx for more details.

HTH...
Mark

Well for those that did get one I thought I'd post the info. I prefer to do my crashing at ground level. I've never had to knock on the neighbor's door ask if I could go in their back yard to get the remains of my Savage! LOL

Mark

Well for those that did get one I thought I'd post the info. I prefer to do my crashing at ground level. I've never had to knock on the neighbor's door ask if I could go in their back yard to get the remains of my Savage! LOL

Mark

LOL Oh yeah, definitely good idea to post it up. I had to tell my local hobby shop guy about the recall a couple weeks ago. Apparently Horizon never bothered. :whhooo: If your blade grips have a 1 stamped in them, it's a recall unit. If they are stamped with a B, your good to go fly. Here's the service bulletin.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Support.aspx?ProdID=BLH3500

Thanks for that info. I have a couple of the Blade CPs, but not the CPx units that are in the recall. I also noticed there was a problem with the Spektrum DX Transmitters that included the DX7 that I have. It was on the charger at the time and I wanted to check it, so I unplugged it and looked for the prefix inside the tx and I lucked out there too.