blackfoot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxiMumST.2002

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
any1 heard of a black foot monster truck its electric but the thing is awsome

I've heard of it, in fact when I first got into R/C a few years back my dad like them so much we went out and bought one and ended up getting a BlackFoot - tough lil truck.

-Michael

Any of you remember the Lunch Box? The only reason I bring it up is because when I was little I used to want one with a passion and I know the Blackfoot and Clodbuster were very popular at the same time.

There are some pics here looks like it was a pretty cool little truck.

Ahhh the good old Tamiyas. I remember them well. My first RC was the Hotshot. Shaft driven 4 wheel drive with mono shocks. Tough as nails as were all the Tamiyas. Also had the Grasshopper, Clodbuster and later replaced the Hot Shot with the Thundershot. All great kits. Makes me want to go and get another Tamiya kit to put together just for old times sake.

First Blackfoot

Oh yes I have heard of the blackfoot in fact own one to this day.
Still kicks ass good as it did 16 years ago.
It was based off of the highly successful Frog chassis with bigger tires,long travel shocks( friction no less) and a different gear ratio.
Some may disagree but it was the first true monster truck for the masses. The big Bear was a toy like truck with no real support in the aftermarket.
The Tamiya kits, and I do mean kits were deluged with aftermarket parts allmost before the truck hit the sceen. When I get a little time, I will post some pics of my beast.
Feel free to ask anything you need to know about the trucks,and I will try to help.

P.S. It is the reason I am back into R/C today. Pulled it out,went on Ebay, bought some needed repair parts and here i am.

Cajun

A old high school friend of mine had one back in 92 when I was in high school. I couldn't afford such things then, so he was rubbing it in my face. Not much of a friend, but he had a car...

I saw him recently on my way to my folks for a visit/bashing session (they live in the sticks in IA). I had to show him my Supe'd up 21 maxx. And I didn't rub in the fact that his little nitro rc 10 st was only half the size.

Ahhh this was my first real put'em together R/C I loved it until it got stolen our of our garage. The hell with electric though. Those were the bad ol days. Wait a minute that thing would run day after day time after time. My savage has more down time than any electric I ever had. OH well I still love Nitro

The big bear and the big grizzly came before it, they were just made by smaller companies. marketing, availablity and whatever else that goes along with it made the Blackfoot the first monster truck.

Anyway, I had a ton of them, we used to race the Tamiya class and then the conversion class. My first RC car was a Frog when they first came out. How in the hell Tamiya ever figured those junk hex dog bones would hold up in a truck when the Frog stripped them left and right is beyond me. They kept CRP in business for along time with aftermarket stuff and I must have sold 1000's of Thorp axles/dogbones/Tamiya Boomerang outdrives to get rid of that hex garbage.

you know I have heard this outdrive being junk on tamiyas for so long that I wonder whats up with my truck. I have NEVER changed my shafts on the Blackfoot in all the time I owned it.
It has been trough 3 motors of various power levels and a truly awe inspiring amount of full throttle reverseing to spin it around in circles.
I have always packed the outdrives with heavy duty grease and never found this prob. Maybe someone can explain this to me,
truly a bulletproof powertrain.

DOnt they have a special edition of the black foot out now?

Originally posted by cajunVFR
you know I have heard this outdrive being junk on tamiyas for so long that I wonder whats up with my truck. I have NEVER changed my shafts on the Blackfoot in all the time I owned it.
It has been trough 3 motors of various power levels and a truly awe inspiring amount of full throttle reverseing to spin it around in circles.
I have always packed the outdrives with heavy duty grease and never found this prob. Maybe someone can explain this to me,
truly a bulletproof powertrain.

You're lucky. I've stripped them out left in right, even when we ran the dogbones flat on ovals. My old Frog would last two, maybe three race days and they would strip.

yup I always wanted one of those MT's They were so much fun. If I had one I would still give it some action. The lunchbox,Blackfoot, Monster Beetle, even the that cool one with a toyota truck body.. I had a booomerang amd I remember that the battery door was a biotch. I always bashed with my cousins blackfoot. Yuo the good ole days

I had a big bear abuse, abuse nand more abuse lol. Every peice of plasitc that stuck out, every tab on every pice of plastic was broken at least once, and mine still ran up until i gave it to the neighbors (wish I hadn't done that). The first r/c that ever had a wheel for a controller insted of two sticks.

Remember the futaba metal box for a controller. It had a hard plastic wheel and a battery guage

61_1_b.jpg

Oh yeah heavy, but man were they ever cool lol.

And I'll also bet you could drive a mack truck over them and they'd work flawlessly. Unlike today's high tech models that if you breathe on wrong they're toast.

I ebayed 3 of those radios about 6 months ago....

That's where I found the pic, on Ebay. nd yeah EP, we beat the hell out of em. At least I did.

A couple of hard pavement drops that the hi tech never would have survived.