Big Block MT2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VtecScott

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
has anyone put a big block engine in a mt2?
had any problems with it, or anything breaking?
also has anyone got pics of there mt2? with or with out a big block?

cheer people

Someone here did the conversoin and I can't remember if it was an HPI NitroMT or MT2.

Regardless, the diffs go south in a hurry. The gears in the diffs aren't all that great unless HPI has changed how they make them. The spider gears are really small, there's only two of them and they appear to be cast vs cnc'd, so torque is not their friend.

You might just want to find a peppy 18 or perhaps throw a TRX3.3 in it. Plenty of revs and more torque than most small blocks, but not so much that you will be replacing diffs as frequently.

orite i no you can buy harderned steel ones, like an upgraded set but i dont no,
the reason i ask is i have a .26 hotbodies in mine, ran 4-5 tanks so far and no problem just wanted to know if n e 1 else has had problems

If you want to go bigger, get the OS 18cvr. Its got a lot more power than the stock without so much that you just tear everything up. All I've heard about bb conversions is that they're fun for a couple of minutes then it's back to the work table.

Back