Best truck for playin around the house?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveono

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys I just sold my t maxx.Now gimme some help on another truck. I'm lookin for a truck for just playin in the yard and doin some jumps with.I know this is a tmaxx board but lemme know. ( HPI Savage, Revo, E Maxx, or possibly another Tmaxx) I would have sold the tmaxx whether I had trouble with it or not ( buddy wanted it badly) I loved the power of the truck and the way it ran

Just for bashing, the savage is probably the best out there still. The Revo is good if you want to race and whatnot, but for powerhungry jerks like myself, that little 2.5 just won't cut it. Then you shove in a 21 and your back to the same driveline problems a maxx had.

I have a savage and had a couple maxx's. I bash only and the savage is so much better. I spend many more hours playing than wrenching now... stupid maxx :flamer:

I moved this thread since it is more of a general MT question.

Jon2
RCNT Staff

Tell me a little about an HPI. What motor?, 4x4?, reverse?,

Savage? It's all I really know. You had a maxx, so I'm hoping you know if you want a stadium, buggy or MT again.

If you want to know about the savage, I can go into retarded detail about most of it... except the transmission. I've run 7 gallons through the truck and have yet to pull the trans apart.

Well, and i know the maxx, xxx-nt and HPI RS4 Nitro MT pretty well...

Well I liked the Maxx except for it being a pain in the rear to tune and fouling 7 plugs in 2 days. Is the Savage built as good as the mxx? Oh yea where can I see a pic of the radio that it comes with.? I've yet to see one. BTW Yes I do want a MT.

Built as well as the maxx... HELL NO the maxx is a piece of poop compared to the savage. Go to hpis website for pics.

For backyard bashing I would say the Savage is the best there is. Big block power, tough parts, 4 wheel drive, optional reverse, and lots of aftermarket support. It's my first nitro and it has been a breeze to work on.

If I were you I'd get the new SS 4.6 and drop in whatever radio you want.

Well, the savage requires a few low dollar upgrades to make it extra durable, but out of the box, it's a lot more durable than my maxx ever was with high dollar upgrades. It's structuraly designed better to withstand beatings.

I never ran the stock engine, so I don't know about that. I've always had aftermarket engine and electronics. I bought it off of skymaxx last year as a roller.

My opinion of the chassis/driveline is that it is way better than the maxx. As for the stock engine/electronics, I don't have a clue.

I just bought a savage on saturday. I broke it in sunday morning tuned it and drove it all day. I was really happy with the performance, Lots of power. Pretty much pulls the wheels everytime i nail the throttle, Which is alot of fun. But i haven't had it long enough to tell you if its going to break alot.

The T-Maxx will seem like a piece of junk to you after you get a savage. The Savage has been proven by me, and others that it is the most durable truck on the market. I had a Savage SS for 1 Year. I broke 1 Suspension arm and one Upright the entire year. IMO, that is very durable. You can't go wrong with a Savage.

I didn't like the way it handles compared to the maxx, But it will take a shitload of abuse.....and the parts are fairly priced too......I didn't keep it ong enough to really try it out so I'm obviously biased toward the maxx line.....

I love my maxx. I don't own a savage but I've driven one because a friend of mine has one but I like the maxx better IMO. I've had my maxx for over a month and half and still have yet to break something after all the bashing I've done. Its true there are better trucks outthere (savage, revo, etc.), but where's the fun if you can't try to improve what you have. I love the fact that you can take a truck like the maxx and upgrade it. Perhaps to the point where it can outperform some of these savages/revo's outthere, if your smart about what upgrades you put. Yes you might spend a little more in the long run, but thats the fun part of it IMO. I always look fwd to installing a new part, especially if its gonna give me more performance. Just an example, back in the day a friend of mine had a low end model integra. Well with all the upgrades he put into it, he was able to beat a Z28 in the quarter mile. He put alot of money into that car but he had fun dong it, and he also sold that car for more that what he put into it.

You can spend just as much on upgrades for the savage if not more. Both are very optional. The orginal question was to a backyard basher. Just search the forums on it. You will get alot more people saying the best bashing mt ever made is the savage. My 2 friends both had tmaxxs. Both sold them with in 4 months. Too much wrench time not enough play time.

Back