Best snow basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audeyguy29

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello y'all.
I have been thinking about buying a xmaxx for winter snow bashing until nitro season returns.

Any other suggestions on snow basher other than this beast ?

To be honest, nothing does that great in the snow. They all dig, then get stuck. Still fun to make jumps out of snow piles. With the size/weight of the xmaxx, it would likely sink and get stuck like most others. But with the speed of 8S and a set of paddle tires, you could float on top of the snow somewhat until you let off the throttle.

Electric is more fun in the snow for me. You don't have to worry about icing up the air filter and the constantly changing engine temps when snow/water hits the engine.

I don't have anything that big, but usually when I run in the winter, I'll run my stampede 4x4 or my ERBE. But I haven't run anything in the winter since 2019. Just haven't felt motivated enough lately to run, and now I'm running 4S in the stampede and 6S in my converted ERBEv2, so they are both faster than ever, which isn't the best thing in cold weather. lol! The last time I ran them, my stampede was 3S and my ERBE was a v1 that I ran on 4S. Even then, they were a handful in the slippery snow/ice of parking lots and whatnot.

I recently got a E Revo 2.0 and I live in MN and I think it does great in the snow!