Best size kv to go stupidly fast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI_lover

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi
Normally I'm found doing nitro but I've decided to revive one of my arrmas that I haven't had out in about a year
Question is though what would the best kv size to get in order to do say 80mph or more

Hi
Normally I'm found doing nitro but I've decided to revive one of my arrmas that I haven't had out in about a year
Question is though what would the best kv size to get in order to do say 80mph or more
Which Arrma model is it ?

tire size and type along with oem motor size and esc limit of esc?

Hi

Hi i want my real car go 300km/h
how many horsepower i need ?

186mph. that will never happen without many other mods

The Armma Senton is definitely a cool rig but being the Mega version, the motor and esc isn't the only thing you will have to upgrade.
The drive train in the Mega versions are pretty much entry level and will never stay together if you want speed, so upgrading that is a must.

Arrma senton 4x4 550 mega

How much is that in mph?
3200 kv I think is optimal (consider a 55t slipper too), but as @Tunedpipe said you need to upgrade the Slipper clutch, Motor mount, and probably need a center drive shaft support. ( About $80 from Jenny's RC ).

Also if you want to do 80 MPH, Also need Belted on-road tires ( Another $100 for tires and 17mm hex ).

The Armma Senton is definitely a cool rig but being the Mega version, the motor and esc isn't the only thing you will have to upgrade.
The drive train in the Mega versions are pretty much entry level and will never stay together if you want speed, so upgrading that is a must.
I found that out pretty quickly when I geared it up previously and slung the driveshaft out of the chassis(lol)
So I upgraded to both aluminum outer shafts and center shaft with support, also a custom adjustable aluminum motor mount that I made myself from scratch
Other upgrades also include a just bash it rc chassis bash bar(titanium) and a jx servo with aluminum servo saver

I have a Typhon Mega completely modded to run like we love it. With upgrades the Mega's can do it but a lot parts are needed.

so how did 186 mph go to 80 mph?.must be that new age math. stupid fast aint near 80..lol.

so how did 186 mph go to 80 mph?.must be that new age math. stupid fast aint near 80..lol.
No new age math. Just new age reading. 😁
Two different posters, the second wasn't even on rc. 😊

@rccar4life
Take your cars governor off. All the hp in the world wont help with the same rpm or speed limiter, you will just get to the limiter faster.

3200 kv I think is optimal (consider a 55t slipper too), but as @Tunedpipe said you need to upgrade the Slipper clutch, Motor mount, and probably need a center drive shaft support. ( About $80 from Jenny's RC ).

Also if you want to do 80 MPH, Also need Belted on-road tires ( Another $100 for tires and 17mm hex ).
Lock the spur and convert to mod 1. Throw in 34-26 6s. 2250kv Get 100 easy . Have to do a few upgrades besides that also

Hi everyone, been a while since I updated so i thought I would
The arrma did amazing overall and ended up doing 90mph with my upgrades
In the end I went for a complete castle mamba monster x system and lots of aluminum upgrade goodies that I machined myself from scratch
Big thankyou to @VSK$78 for the pinion and spur combo suggestion, it worked like a dream with the x system and twin 4s to make 8s overall, it did 90 on grass and 110 on road(with different tires from proline)
Big thanks to everyone for their advice and I can't wait to take the senton out more in the future, you all are so kind to me and I really appreciate it :)

Back