Best short course brushless setup?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My buddy has the sidewinder 3 not sure what version. I'm a little under educated on what system will be best with what. Basically I have a slash I want to go brushless with. I've had castle stuff before and liked it alot. What do you guys recommend though as far as a brushless setup on a short course truck? I will likely stick with 2s lipo if that's a factor

The Castle systems are always good, the Sidewinder is their entry level system and the Mambas are the step up. Both of those are offered in a SCT version. I'm actually running a Dynamite system in my Slash 4x4 and I'm loving it. Horizon has stepped their game up with their latest systems. The Traxxas VXL systems have also improved over the last couple of years. They now have capacitors on the ESC, 4-pole motors, and seem to be holding up much better.

Just remember that the crazier your power plant is, the more suspension and driving style tuning will be needed to control it. :D

Yea for sure. I just am a little under powered right now. Plus the runtime with his brushless is about 15-20 minutes longer than mine. What dynamite system do you have? Is it waterproof?

Yea for sure. I just am a little under powered right now. Plus the runtime with his brushless is about 15-20 minutes longer than mine. What dynamite system do you have? Is it waterproof?
It's actually the system that Losi put in the Ten-SCTE, it's a waterproof 130A ESC w/fan and a 4-pole 3900KV motor. I picked it up from a chop shop on eBay with plans of putting it in my Rustler but that was before I scored my Slash.

I really liked the stock Slash 4x4 brushless setup. Had two 4wd Slashes with it and they worked great on 3s.