best place to find a new motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devinbrown07

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
where is the best place to buy a motor from, the local hobby shop doesn't carry it, they have to order, so i have to wait for them to order it, then i have to go pick it up, which is too much in gas, so where would a good place to order one be?

It would probably depend on what brand you want and who carries it. There's Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies, Hobby people, Stormer Hobbies(I hate their page interface). There's also ebay, which I use more than anything because it's so easy to use with paypal. If you have any questions about ebay stores, let me know. I spend about 3 grand a month on ebay.

amainhobbies.com

rcplanet.com

ebay.com

towerhobbies.com

horizonhobbys.com

dude take your pick theres tons of places to choose from

i usually stick to towerhobbies.com or amainhobbies.com

towerhobbies.com
amainhobbies.com
ebay.com
horizonhobby.com

First two are the best to pick from.

Oh wait. I forgot one. This one is the best.

www.ghhobby.com

:D.

I don't think they carry engines... Parts, yes.

Are you looking for a nitro engine or electric motor?

www.hobbypeople.net typically has good pricing for certain stuff. You will find good deals on ebay as well. Just don't buy used or from anyone that isn't a "store" or you run the risk of buying junk. Unless you know the person. Killer hobbies is pretty decent too.

Oh, oops. I thought they did. Sorry.

Also: I believe rcplanet.com sells engines.

I'm from Australia and I deal through AMain and Towers. They're both well priced, plenty of stock and FAST. I can get items from those two stores in less than 1 working week. I can't get stuff from across town that fast by post.