Best pipe and parts for my OS .21 TM

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tornsteel

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got my .21 TM broken in. I was wondering if is there a pipe that works really well with it? I'm just using my stock 3.3 pipe right now. The other question is. What web sight sells OS .21 TM parts? I have looked every were and haven't found a place that has parts for it on there sight. Even EBay.

Also when was this engines release date?

I have the THS hardcoated pipe. My 3.3 really liked it. i don't think you can go wrong with this pipe. Bottom end was great when you hit the tuning sweet spot, no loss of topend power either. 3 gallons on the pipe and not one quality issue. I installed it and never had to touch it again.
The only other pipe i can compare it too is the stocker. Big difference.

i have the trinity and it's awesome

Bob, I remember you were asking about engines a while back. Did you get the OS?

nah i desided to beef up my drivetrain and them I'm going with the rb 523 kit

Thanks guys for the info. I'll look in to the THS. Also thanks for the link.

Any one else have opinions on pipes and parts?

i like the trinity pipe its ghot good power and good sound

Hey guys I just got the trinity pipe yesterday. Got it off of EBay for $39.99 + shipping (New). I'm going to try it out on my OS .21tm today. I was wondering if it is better to leave the stinger in or take it out?

Also I'm getting my 3.3 back from Traxxas and was wondering the same about it.

Thanks again guys.

On the 3.3 id leave the stinger in, I tried it out and couldnt get a tune worth a crap. On the OS id take it out however, seeing as how its just about a big block, but if you can't get a tune with it out, try it with it in.

I tried it out on the OS .21tm today for about a tank of fuel. I left the stinger in. I could tell a big difference in the torque and power. This OS loves this pipe. It is louder than the stock pipe. Especially from the back. I didn't have to change my tune much. I'll have to try it with the stinger out next. And then try it on the 3.3. with it in when it gets here.

One thing I noticed that people don't tell you about this pipe is that the headers that come with it wont work on the OS with the easy start on. I talked to Trinity today and they told me that this pipe won't work on the OS .21tm. So what I did was I used the OS header with the 3.3 stock coupler and slid the coupler over the Trinity gasket on to the pipe and zip tied it down (I hope that made since).

Thanks for the input Bryson. I will be trying that.:yes:

There is next to nothing for clearance under the exhaust outlet on the TM. It is my only gripe with it. I had to shave a good bit of plastic off of my roto backplate to get any header to fit.

I am running the platinum 2 chamber resonator pipe and spring mounted header.I will experiment with the single chamber resonator and the dual chamber to see whats what.Single chamber is low to mid,dual chamber is mid to high.The single chamber is louder.The 3.3 screams with the dual chamber on the top end.The Trinity set up looks like a nice piece also.

I have the THS hardcoated pipe. My 3.3 really liked it. i don't think you can go wrong with this pipe. Bottom end was great when you hit the tuning sweet spot, no loss of topend power either. 3 gallons on the pipe and not one quality issue. I installed it and never had to touch it again.
The only other pipe i can compare it too is the stocker. Big difference.
THS has a new owner with no pipes. New owner is having a hard time finding anyone to make anymore pipes. I now am stuck with a header with no pipe to go to it........ugh. Hopefully the tuned traxxas pipe I have should be sufficient. Sad cause I heard those were really nice. Now they are rare, nice find.