Best Nitro Racing Monster Truck????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugen-Losi

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here are all of the choices so here they are-----

1. Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3
2. HPI Savage X SS
3. Duratrax Warhead
4. Team Associated MGT 4.6

Because I want to buy one of these trucks to get more race time at my local tracks around my area!!!???!!!???!!!??

I would buy the LST2 or for a cheaper version the Aftershock...IMO both are just as fast and handle better than the ones on your list.

As for your list, I'll put them in order from best to worst....this is for racing (not bashing)

Revo
MGT
Savage

And no I didn't forget it, it's just not worth mentioning.

i say to heck with the tmax.. get a revo 3.3 I'm actually selling mine and they are a great racing truck.. mine is race ready.. pm me if u want it. will give u a awesome price. she is totally race ready and comes with TONS of extras

Revo
LST 2 or muggified LST

None of what you mentioned are very race-worthy

I'm telling you this out of experince, if your looking to race competively, get a truggy. The moster truck sceen is done to a point. Trust me. Pluse for the price it would cost you to fix up one of those mentioned would cost you the price of a losi 8T with a decent set up. I have made a revo racer before and after I got done and stepted back, I though to myself why the heck didnt I just get a truggy? But anyway. Revo or lst2 get my vote.

Bryson

P.S. If you do want a revo I got a like new one for sale in the for sale forum. With some of the major weight savings mods already done to it, all you'd really need is a wing. :naughty:

It depends on your area as to whether or not Production MT is dead, dying or doing well. Many guys start off racing in Production MT and move on from there. Around here, 1/10th Gas Truck is dead but our club races draw a good crowd of Production MT's. I for one don't like seeing new guys jump right into Arena Truck for reasons I will leave out right now.

Revo
LST 2 or muggified LST

None of what you mentioned are very race-worthy

+1 on Jet's suggestion.

IMO the LST2 or an LST that is "muggified" is better

Link to Muggification Kit

With an LST muggified you just need to drop in any 21 sized motor with a pull start or rotostart bakplate since the chassis preents the use of a starterbox.

Also there are more pipe selections you can unlike the Revo.

The Positive about the Revo is that there is a TON of hopups for it and the engines for it can be bumpstart. It can allow a big block BUT IMO the driveline is not the greatest for it.

Thanls a lot guys for all of the answers and that really helped my out in the sistuation i am in so thanks a lot!!!!!

truggy = bad truck or inferior buggy

I'll keep my LST2 and Sportwerks Turmoil. Think I'll sell the Losi 8ight-T though. At least I can bash my LST2 too. I like having a good 2-speed truck and a good buggy. The 8ight-T is really nice too, but the LST2 is more versatile and the buggy is more fun to race.

The LST2 takes some mods to make it race worthy though.

I have a Revo 3.3 and it is nice too, but not as fun to bash as the LST2. I may sell the Revo too.

i wonder what tp take....,the Tmax 3.3 or the revo 3.3 please replay,i reallyy need ur help

CurNitro199

Revo is certainly a better track performer than the TMaxx.

Also, when you respond to a thread watch the date of the last post. I personally don't have an issue with bringing back a dead thread so long as your post is relevent to the thread topic but just be aware that you may not get a response from particular member since the thread is 4 years old and many members tend to move on over that amount of time.

Hands down I'd say the Revo 3.3 for racing. Mine is the best handling monster truck I've driven.

Just ordered a tmaxx 3.3,but I'm buying it to play around at a baseball field and around my house!I can tell you traxxas cars are GREAT!Very reliable and fun.I also have a stock 2.5 nitro rustler.Man does that thing fly!

Back