Best Motor and ESC for Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platnium at a Good Price.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcGuy1126

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Traxxas slash 4x4 Platnium completely stock. I'm wanting to put a new motor and esc and was wondering what's the best one to get for not an outrageous price. I want to go fast and also be able to ride in grass and dirt.

If you're just bashing on 2S then Id get the Castle sidewinder SCT/3500kv combo. If you want to bash on 3s you'll need something like the Castle MMP/3500kv combo which is a lot more expensive. If your racing then Id look into something sensored but it doesn't sound like you were wanting to race just bash.

I'd go with one of the Hobbywing 4 pole sensored setups personally. They're really strong (comparable to the Tekin Pro4 series) motors, and sensored setups so you'd be good to go if you wanted to some racing, or just prefer the feel of a sensored setup, which some do. Best of all they're very reasonably priced too.

Had a Sidewinder 3 fry while trying to set the dead-band initially in the SCX-10/JK and Castle wouldn't cover it under warranty because it was in a a crawler.

Also the Feebay chopshops usually have them a lot cheaper. That link was to show it to the OP.

really? they wouldnt cover it because it was in a crawler? I can't see why that would even matter o_O

Yep, I remember when that all went down, really lost a lot of faith in Castle myself over that one too. Especially considering it says right on their page for that ESC;

Designed for 1/10th
The Sidewinder 3 ESC is a great fit for 1/10th off-road, on-road, and rock crawlers running up to 3S LiPo*

Yep, I remember when that all went down, really lost a lot of faith in Castle myself over that one too. Especially considering it says right on their page for that ESC;

Designed for 1/10th
The Sidewinder 3 ESC is a great fit for 1/10th off-road, on-road, and rock crawlers running up to 3S LiPo*
I gave that info and they didn't cover it. So now, I won't use a Sidewinder at all. It says elsewhere on their site they are only recommended for smaller /lighter vehicles.

Back