Best large scale servo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebkauff

RCTalk Champion
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently got a CEN Reeper 1/7 monster truck, and first off this thing is a beast on 6s! it's almost half the price of an Xmaxx and only a bit smaller. It seems very well designed and I drove it for a good thirty minutes at a concrete skate park with nothing breaking at all. I did fill the center diff so it would wheelie a bit more, and I threw in a spektrum radio I had laying around, but other than that I have changed nothing. It only has one problem, the servo is severely underpowered. It's a Savox standard sized metal geared and it only has 12kg of torque. Which at a standstill on pavement can't turn the wheels at all. So what would you guy's recommend for a standard sized servo for a large scale basher?

I've never heard of that brand before but it's good you're having fun, my personal experience with my 1/5 scale losi is the stock one broke and I bought an AGF servo and haven't had problems since, definitely would recommend it for a 1/5 scale but I'm not sure how it would work in a 1/7, could you maybe provide a couple pictures of servo location?
I've never heard of that brand before but it's good you're having fun, my personal experience with my 1/5 scale losi is the stock one broke and I bought an AGF servo and haven't had problems since, definitely would recommend it for a 1/5 scale but I'm not sure how it would work in a 1/7, could you maybe provide a couple pictures of servo location?
If anything I would also recommend looking into a JX type servo, I run a pair of them on my DBXL and it works everytime and I haven't had any problems, I'm not sure if they make them for the 1/7-1/5 scale range though

The servo that comes in the truck is a standard 1/10th size servo, and it doesn't look like a bigger one will fit. I'm looking for something cheap as it's just a basher

if its a 1/10 scale servo go to amazon pick out a 50 kg one not that pricey ,,

Then yeah, a JX servo off amazon, I put one into my arrma senton and works perfectly

If going with goolrc servos is what you want to do then go ahead, but I myself have personally had really bad luck with anything electric-wise from gool

Back