best fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LINOSVT

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys, been out of the scene for a while... sooo be nice. I took my t-maxx 2.5, storm gs , and savage out of storage today after few years, now I need fuel for all of them. Which one you recommend? Can I use only one type of fuel?

Lino:\

i would suggest going to or calling your local hobby shop and see what they carry.

i run traxxas fuel in all my traxxas and i run Bryons race blend gen 2 in everything else.

just depends on where you live and what they carry.

let us know what you can get then someone can tell you

some people say traxxas is junk i use it and have no problems
maybe because i run my stuff rich

Prefer Odonells 20%, Byrons 2nd, and Traxxas 3rd. Personally Traxxas wouldnt make my list but these are the 3 fuels my LHS stocks so that would make them my top 3

I have had the best luck with Byrons but traxxas isnt bad either

Nothing bad to say about Odonells here but thats all i really have access to.

I have only used Traxxas and never had a problem

all my problems went away when i swithed from traxxas to byron

I've enjoyed both Byron and Blue Thunder and had success with both of them :). I think the consensus is figure out what your LHS stocks and go from there.

Blue Thunder is a good fuel for break-in because its so oily but long-term it makes a mess and IMO gums up engines. After trial and error I settled on Sidewinder 20% Race blend. It has 12% oil and burns nicely in all my nitro rigs, even my big block.

Speaking of fuels, where does one find out the oil content? My last gallon was Odonnells 20% and for the life of me I could find the oil content, online or otherwise. I'm currently running traxxas 20% because it seems to help hold a tune better in north Texas.

Speaking of fuels, where does one find out the oil content? My last gallon was Odonnells 20% and for the life of me I could find the oil content, online or otherwise. I'm currently running traxxas 20% because it seems to help hold a tune better in north Texas.

Depending on what version of their fuel you bought, it's between 8% and 12%.

Click on the version and it shows the percentage in the far right column.
http://www.odonnellracing.com/index.html

Thanks for the link, for the life of me I couldn't find that info before I finished that gallon. I was using the racing blend with 8% oil. Kind of low for my tastes, that could be why my mill at the time always ran on the hot side or sluggish if I richened it for better temps.

i have used Torco 20% race fuel in my tmaxx for the last 2 years and i love it! have used other brands, but my 2.5 seems to run better with Torco fuel

trinity monster 20% is the best fuel i have used and it smells good.

Back