Best exhaust for T-Maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtboogie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm new to nitro and just got my first t-maxx 3.3 I was interested in getting an Integy dual tuned pipe.However i have read and was wondering if it is true that the dual pipes make the engine not have enough back pressure and will miss at higher RPM's, aswell as have a hard time starting. I figured the bigger RD logistic dual pipes would have this problem but am hoping the smaller one from integy will work with no problems, although i do really like the rd logistics version with the dual stingers. I AM LOOKING FOR PERFORMANCE, aswell as a pipe that will make the tuck A LOT louder than stock. Sorry for all the questions like I said I am a newby to the Nitro world.

it is true, the typical dual pipes / pipe provides limited back pressure. nor do they provide enough pressure to the gas tank. thats were the "miss" comes from. your engine will run lean due to lack of fuel pressure.

also a rear pipe is just that... a pipe! what you want for performance is a "tuned" pipe.

they are loud! cool huh?

my experience with both integy and RD Logistics is they make pretty parts for a shelf queen. not for performance.

I have a rd logics bb pipe on my .27 revo, it works almost too well with that engine. I agree RD stuff is pretty, made mostly for the shelf. Anyway I have the THS system on my 4908 maxx, it worked good with my 3.3, a picco 21, and most recently an 18tm. I'm going .26 soon, I'm sure it'll work great with that too.

it is true, the typical dual pipes / pipe provides limited back pressure. nor do they provide enough pressure to the gas tank. thats were the "miss" comes from. your engine will run lean due to lack of fuel pressure.

guy in my area had this very problem, but he wanted the looks of daul exhaust, so he corked off one exhaust tip, now the truck is back to running correctly.. but with the one side corked it does not has the smoke trail out of both tips

I'd just pick up the resonator(stock for the 3.3) if your gonna stick with this engine for awhile. Or go with a THS. I had one on a revo with a 2.5. That thing ran great.

I would for sure go with the THS if you want some performance. The Integy pipes I have never heard anything good about at all. It would be a waste of money IMO....might look good but performance will be gone.

Anyone tried out the Trinity's single outlet pipe for a 3.3 on a T maxx?

I have a rd logics bb pipe on my .27 revo, it works almost too well with that engine. I agree RD stuff is pretty, made mostly for the shelf. Anyway I have the THS system on my 4908 maxx, it worked good with my 3.3, a picco 21, and most recently an 18tm. I'm going .26 soon, I'm sure it'll work great with that too.

Did the THS work well with the 26max?