best engine for hpi rs4 3 evo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphr1

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is my first and only car don't wanna give up on its potential looking to upgrade to a better engine please give me ur.advice thanks newby around here also thanks

whats wrong with the one thats in it?? just curiouse

Aftermerket for the stock .15 is pretty impressive. That bieng said when talkin about smallblocks I prefer the OS .18. Quite powerful and easy to breakin and tune

the 3.0 that comes on the rs4's arent to bad on break in and keaping a tune.. as long as you make sure the exhaust stay's attatched and that the in fuel line for the carb gets moved away from the clutch bell.

Yeah I was looking into the os 18 but my friends have this.engine back up in ny and they barely beat me the stock engine 3.0 is pretty good just tired of it want more speed there's nothing wrong with it by the way just wanna upgrade

---------- Post added at 5:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:27 PM ----------

Had some people tell me to put the.traxxas motor etc Idk how good that will be sounds like a lot of wishing don't think those people actually done that putting a traxxas motor on the rs4

it would rip with a 3.3 in it maybe but not sure how that would work considering the 3.0hpi motor doesn't even use a motor mount so I dont know how that would work with an engine that needs a mount.

That's what I mean I need like expert tools and stuff to make that happen I want to pull out old engine put new and bash it lol by the way Lmao how do I subscribe again to this thread I hit unsubscribe by mistake Lmao

---------- Post added at 5:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:41 PM ----------

Some tell me Pico engine 21 lol its like Ahhhh

The rs4 can't adapt to a 3.3 trx, they come factory with a rotating carb setup, the trx is a sliding carb. You also need to search the forum better because I have asked all these questions when I had my RS4 3 EVO...

Sorry and u are the.bully of this website I'm guessing unless u have a answer to my problem or the link to ur post what u just wrote was unnecessary t y should deff work on ur ppl skills any one that dosent have a problem with helping a new guy out thanks and before hand ur welcome

Sorry and u are the.bully of this website I'm guessing unless u have a answer to my problem or the link to ur post what u just wrote was unnecessary t y should deff work on ur ppl skills any one that dosent have a problem with helping a new guy out thanks and before hand ur welcome

First off I am one of the nnicest guys here, second, if I dont bitch at you for not using the search feature, someone else will, and 3rd, I did help you with an answer telling you the 3.3 wont drop in. So stop acting like a kid and getting your feelings hurt because others can be worse than me at flaming you.:\

Lmao ur crazy as u can see I'm new lol and I trier that and nothing came up but I'm on my phone so when I get home from.work ill check it on the search bar thanks though ill keep in touch lol

Lmao ur crazy as u can see I'm new lol and I trier that and nothing came up but I'm on my phone so when I get home from.work ill check it on the search bar thanks though ill keep in touch lol

My 2,000th post is to tell you to chillax a little, I'm not here to just bitch at new members but I assure you that other members will get you as well for things like this and other things. Make sure you give the rules a read through as well, I will try and find my threads on these matters.

---------- Post added at 5:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:27 PM ----------

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80878

Its in there somewhere, if not its on another thread I made

can't seem to find anything on here

Post #4 & 5, are direct drop ins, you may have a tuff time custom dropping something else in. If your keeping it or making it a drift car its pointless to have a super badass engine that you wont ever really open up because your sliding.

Have u hear of the wolf pack wheel adapter them wheels are huge can I put that engine and some foam it will keep it straight

Another more affordable way to go is changing gearing. Go with a larger clutchbell and/or a smaller spurgear. While it wont blow the doors off of your buddies you can see substantial improvements in playing arond with the gearing

What gears u mean I have the red gears already both do u sugest another combo I've hear about yellow on first and red on second