Best Engine for a rustler ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Rob D

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok open for anther round of opinons the motor in my rustler has give up the ghost..it still has a trx pro 15 in it which i dont plan on putting in again ..

So what does everyone like in a 2wd stadium truck 12's 15's ? I'm thinking os 12 i want something thats fairly cheep and fairly reliable its just the backyard baher right now as i dont race

thx Rob:batman:

Hunter

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If it were me I would get a Fantom:) but O.S. is also a good choice. Take your pick.

Rob D

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hunter any reason why you would get the fantom over the os ?
:doh: :doh: this was me fooling with it to run today with son standing there

Rob

SkyMaxx

RCNT VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I too am partial to Fantom Motors, but it has been a while since I ran an OS...so I am not able to give you a part for part comparison. Let's just say that when I ran the OS, I was pleased as punch with it. Now when I am running a Fantom in my T-Maxx, I am overwhelmingly thrilled with it. I have had positive experiences with both manufacturers, but my current favorite is Fantom.

Hunter

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Iv run over 9gal through mine and its still running as good if not better then any O.S. Iv run this long.

Rob D

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Damn is it a 15 or a 12?

Hunter

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Fr.15 slide carb:classic: