Best Car Under $30,000 (1:1 of course)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killahbz

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Consider:

Performance...
Styling...
Value...
Reliability...
Overall kick-ass appeal...

Starts at $31,000 but if I ever get on of those "real" job's I'm considering getting a Cadillac CTS - this is if I dont get a pickup instead.

the Acura TL is the best I have seen for its size and features. Fully loaded (36,000) with GPS, DVD audio system, 270hp v6, five speed or autostick. My wife I are looking at cars now. The other car i like is the Lexus IS300. But the TL has so much more feature standard in it. I believe standard TL run in 29,000-31,000 area.

Last edited:
Acura TSX

acura_tsx_5speedatwnavigationsystem_2004_interior_19_346x270.jpg

tsx1.jpg

210 HP Engine and Sport look in a four doors car, about 30.000$ with all the spoilers, sport suspension an 17" low profile weels.

Personally, I wouldn't get any Acura in that price range just cuz they're all FWD. If i'm paying $30k for a car, it better be RWD or AWD

Mitsubishi EVO 8
Subaru WRX STI
Mazda RX8
Nissan 350z
Dodge Neon SRT-4 (get all the mopar parts installed)

The evo is around 40,000 out here in AZ.

The EVO is around $27k MSRP. If you guys are paying $40k for it, you guys are idiots. You could get a new one on eBay for probably $30k shipped

Kia Sephia and $20,000 worth of Schooner Beer straight from Canada.....

Definetely go with the Mitsubishi Evo, those things are very small and quick. And you can't forget about the Mazda RX-8, thats one hell of a car.

if your not looking for a sports car.. this is the range my mom is looking at atm
the infiniti g35 coupe and sedan are nice so is the new volvo s40 t5 awd fully loaded. 3 series is about in that range to but well no options =\

remeber guys... most of the cars you mentioned get like 17 mpg.... thats not value :x

I believe all the cars up there get 20mpg or more. I look @ the Dodge magnum get 18 with the 5.7 hemi in it.

Acura TL gets 22 city 28 highway. @ least that is what the sticker says.

yeah the tl is a very nice car.. but complaints with the fwd =\

i never driven a rwd car so i wouldnt know.

You know, the only thing about the EVO is that it's slightly slower in acceleration than the STI...not to mention it's got a little bit of turbo lag. The STI has madd bottom end and absolutely NO turbo lag.

I honestly don't think the Dodge Magnum realistically can get 18mpg with a damn Hemi. I'd say probably 12-15mpg...if that.

btw, when you get into the high end cars, generally they don't get good gas mileage. If you're all about gas mileage, get a corolla or a prius.

I am a huge Mustang fan, but if you don't like that idea then my vote goes to the WRX Sti. I allready own two mustangs, and have been considering a WRX for my everyday car. My neighbor has a non-Sti WRX, and that thing is sweet. So, of coarse, I would have to get the Sti version even though it would probably always be stock since I have two projects already, and he will probably end up with a race car since they already have a research and development company somewhat sponcering parts. Anyways, good luck deciding. There are alot of nice cars on the market today.

Dodge SRT-4
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Mits. EVO

Killahbz,

What size car are you for? That might help us help you!

In the opening thread he states 1:1 size cars which is regular cars.

Think he may have meant "what type of car like Full size sedan or mid size or compact.

jon2 said:
Think he may have meant "what type of car like Full size sedan or mid size or compact.

exactly what I meant!

Back