Best all around lipo charger?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage2k

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I don't have an electric r/c yet but I am seriously considering a traxxas rally or mini revo for my next purchase. Either car can take a 2s or 3s lipo battery. But in the future I may get an r/c that takes up to 6s. So i'd like a good charger thats reliable, has good features, ac powered, and can charge up to 6s batteries. Is it possible to have all these features under 100$? Biggest concern is reliability, I'm tired of being a cheap ass and getting burned by buying crap. I'd rather spend more money now for a good product.

I run the Venom Pro Charger Plus and have had zero problems with it. It comes with the balance module and most of the common connectors, including Dean's and Traxxas High Current.

I run a duratrax ICE and I really like it. Only thing is you must have your own balancer and power supply. The Venoms are good bang for the buck because you get everything you need in one box.

I'm a dumb ass.:) I looked at the link and everything. Didn't realize it came with a power supply. Since I jacked this thread, I better add a little info. Look at hobbyking.com. They sell a bunch of chargers, in just about any price range. Just be sure to read the reviews. The oldest reviews I've seen go back a couple of years, and really tell the tail of these products. Be sure to post a link to anything you may be interested in, so these guys can send you in the right direction.

Yeah Matt, I was think WTF are you talking about?...lol All good. I use a Turnagy charger from Hobby King for travel. I have ha good luck with it.

Dynamite Passport Ultra AC/DC Charger Hands down for everything works great for me.