Best 2wd for winter ski/paddle tire setup?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwitty

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Wondering what people are using for a 2wd in the snow with paddles and skis. Preferably something relatively cheap. Brushed or brushless.

A buddy has a Rustler. I feel the skis are too bulky and big for the steering to handle, especially in a collision. Have doubts about when traversing small bumps and rocking the suspension.

I don't remember the company, but back in the mid-late 80's, there was a company that came out with skies to mount on the front of an RC buggy. It also came with 4 paddle tires for the back. It converted your buggy into a dually.

It's not worth running a 2wd in the winter. Too much wheel spin.

That’s what I think is fun. More unpredictable and requires more skill than just point and shoot of a 4wd.

Been there, done that. Unless it's only a few inches of snow, RCs will just dig in and high center fairly quickly. 4wd is better, but not by much, and I've tried both. At this point, I wouldn't waste my money on any of it.