BDAY coming XXXNT need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajeauxdn

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My birthday is almost here and I am trying to decide on my next truck, buggy. I am looking at the adam drake edtion, it seems like a awsome truck people like it, the radio on the RTR kit rocks compared to other kits. the only problem is my LHS doesn't carry Team losi at the moment so if it breaks i am screwed, and i have to order parts. My first RC was a duratrax so i know how often rc's break. Will I constanly have issues with this truck like I do with my duratrax ST.

My other option is a buggy I am looking to stay in the 300-350.00 price range, There are currently no tracks in my area yet (there being built within a year) I have never ran a buggy beofore what types of terrain will i be able to play on?

If you guys could give me some feedback on the realibilty of the XXXNT ( i KNOW RC CARS BRAEK BUT I JUST WANT GENERAL DEPENDABILITY) and what some other good choices for a stadium truck or buggy kit to go with.

Well I can’t give you reliability on the Adam drake because I’m not finished building it yet. But your price range will not build it.

260 ad xxx-nt nib ebay
40 battery 1100 mah LHS
120 OS TR ebay
50 RDL one piece pipe RDL
80 OFNA starter box tower
34 used hpi tf-4 rx,tx ebay
0 servos had in toolbox

You might be able to get them cheaper but this is the best I could find.the rtr might be the ticket.

I will get into my feelings for Duratrax because it opened a can of worms the last time I did. I would have to say that the Losi should hold up much better over the long run. Now, that depends on how rough you are on it also. Anything can be broken but if you use some common sense and learn how the truck drives and don't try to drive beyound your ability, it should last just fine. I am currently running a Losi GTX (old generation of what you are considering), mine is at least 10 years old and I have broken parts but really not very many. It is still running well and last week I did break one front axle hub from hitting the wall out of turn four. I did win my heat so it still is competative considering all the other trucks were much newer. Parts can be an issue if you have to order them. I would suggest trying to find out the most common things that people find they are breaking and possibly purchase these to have as spare parts. I can't harp enough, how important it is to "learn" your particular truck and what you can and cannot do with it as far as the driving. Crashing constantly will obviously increase you chances of breaking it. You should also check all the screws and nuts after each day of running and the front and rear suspension mounting screws after each heat or run (if possible). Loose screws are a problem looking for a place to happen.
Another truck to consider is the RC10GT which generally has more readily available parts. I like both and cannot say one is better than the other. My GTX is very hard to find parts for so I tend to be a bit more carefull than I would be if I still had my RC10GT.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

if you want a buggy you should look at the Kyosho Inferno Mx 7.5 because my friend across the street from me has one and the thing is as solid as a rock and it is fast as hell and has almost perfect handeling. :buggy1:

If you want the XXX NT, just get the rtr, I have yet to break anything on mine, and I'm rough of my cars. Rasn my maxx into a curb at WOT once. That got expensive. lol

My lhs sells the xxxnt rtr for $299.

The only real problem with the XXXNT RTR kit is the diff. An inexpensive fix & you got one hell of a durable stadium buggy.. I'll put mine up against an RC10GT in handling anyday... IMHO a great truck with a very nice radio to boot....

Yea, I couldn't beleive it came with a JR digital radio. And it sure is one tough rc too.

if your looking to stay under 350 you wont be able to get a buggy. at least not a 1/8th scale which I'm assuming is what your talking about.
you also wont be able to afford a kit.

your best bet is to get the xxx-nt rtr.

Heres a little video my XXXNT RTR... The only upgrades were a complete diff rebuild with quality parts and the addition of an OS slide carb to my stock Mach .15...

Right click & Save As...
XXXNT

The XXXNT rtr is 299 at my lhs, then you need batteries and fuel. Later you can upgrade the diffs but you don't have to right away. If you don't already have one you will need a glow starter but that's all I can think of.

Cool video. That thing looks hella quick.

I don't know why I find dust clouds and donuts so amusing but I do.

Gotta make the donutz.... Hell Yeah... great fun

Does the RTR Adam drake edtion come with the better diff. or should i still upgrade them? Where is a good site to find XXX nt parts, and about this other car the RC10GT what truck is that? sorry I have no ide what brand that is.

BTW thanks for the info, that video has me leaning hevaly toward the XXX nT

The Adam Drake edition does not come RTR. That is a "upgraded" kit that needs an engine & electronics. That kit needs no modifications... Build it, & race the snot out of it....
If your just going to bash, I still recommend the RTR Losi Sport Kit. I get all my Losi parts from Horizon Hobby

The RC10GT is made by Associated (AE).

Heres a link to these stadium trucks...
Team Losi

Team Associated

Last edited:
Back