battery question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexb7109

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i am thinking about getting into electric cars because gas is too expensive and i want to race at my lhs. i want to get a losi mini late model and a nice brushless sytem for under $350, my question is what li-po battery is good for this setup and what charger to go with it just to get started. btw i am thinking about the tekin mini rage brushless combo. any suggestions

It all depends on how much room you have for the battery, and whether you wana run 2s, or 3s.

whats the difference(I'm new to electric)

ok.. this is all very confusing but i just want to be able to race fast but not spend too much money

When you figure out which battery you need, you need to figure out the KV of the motor you are running. A lower KV motor,, you can run a larger battery, higher KV motor, smaller battery.
always remember, the way you figure out the RPM's of the motor spinning, is to multiply the KV times the Voltage.

ok.so for the losi i have a tekin rage with an esc picked out thats 8100kv so what battery and charger combo will work out the best for that set up?

You'll probably won't want to run anything more than a 2s Lipo. I have a 6800kv setup and have problems keeping it on the ground with just NiMH packs.

Back