Bashing videos from 2020/08/22 - ERBEv2 and Outcast 6S at the grass bmx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Increased my pinion by a tooth to 19/54 and replaced the busted max6 OEM 35mm fan with an aluminum framed 30mm fan. I was able to run 2 sets of packs through it and had no issues really. I did pull a screw through the front t-bone skid/bumper.

Also ran my outcast for a pack, pulled a screw through on it's TBR wheelie bar as well:

Was a good day, a bit warm, could of used a little more breeze, but coming home with both trucks still functional was a good day.

I did notice the front of the revo bottoming out overly hard. I'm using VDK #3 with 70wt and RC Raven dual rate springs... kind of afraid to go any heavier with the oil, then I'll just snap the pistons in half. I'm running some atomik front variable rockers that have different holes in them, using the holes closest to the end:
2020-0320-ERBEv2-RPMArms-AtomikFrontRockers-high.jpg

I thought perhaps moving the bolts for the pushrods to the middle hole, would decrease the leverage/increase pressure needed to compress, but then the nut runs into the RPM arm really bad. So, figured I'd try using the lower holes for the upper arm hinge pin. That gave me the needed clearance. Not sure what that will do to the handling... I think it changes the roll center. Guess I'll find out the next time out.

Also with the lower OD of the Talon EXT's, I moved both the front/rear pushrods to the inside hole on the arms to give me a little more extension/compression on landings. Will see if that helps as well.

The ends on the front pushrods were stretched all out of shape, but all I had on hand today while fixing the skid/adjusting the rods were the old revo ends that use the spacers on the pushrod.
2020-0823-ERBEv2-FrontPushrodWithSpacers.jpg

I also ordered a set of the 8619 HD pushrods/ends for the front. I put those on the rear a few bash sessions ago and they seem to be holding up better at the ball end in the rocker than the old ends. I had to order them directly from traxxas.com, couldn't find them on amazon/ebay. Hope they don't take too long to ship. Also bought a spare set of the ends for those to have on hand.

Last edited:
Back