Bashing turns to crashing!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zdragon71

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well today I learned that I may want to inspect the height and or steepness of something I wish to jump before I attempt to do so at about 45mph. I have this stump in the backyard that looked to be a nice launch pad so I lined it up and hit second gear and just before it was maxed out I hit it dead on and realized during the massive cartwheeling/ flipping at high speed that the stumps edge was equal in height to my Revo bumper. So therefore I also realized the revo has a much stronger frontend than the tmaxx. It didn't break anything!!! And after a few shovel fulls of dirt that stump is now a great launch pad and I got about 20 ft of distance off it the second try. Damn near wide open jump. Awesome day today was. :first_place:

That's awesome, wooda love tov seen that. Bash'em & knock'em down.

I gotta say that it was a sight to see. Horrible crash turns out the best jump I've pulled off yet. Hell I wish I was filming it!

ya i just watched a tmaxx in a similar situation but shot it up nose up and landed on the rear bumper from about 8 feet high. Lets just say I'm replacing the bulk, the tank, skidplate and a few other small parts. Sent the shock through the gas tank. All bolt on stuff though,chassi is straight as an arrow. Think the bulkhead took the most of it. All in fun, i dont mind workin on them and the parts were 30 bucks off ebay.:D

Yeah after that I let my cousin run the revo and he didn't make one full lap around the yard and went full out into a damn small tree dead on the tire and now I gotta go to the LHS tomorrow to get a new toe in rod and steering knuckle so I can play this weekend. Good news is that I'm ordering a brand new dynamite .19T off eBay to complete my tmaxx rebuild. Then once installed and broken in I will have both my trucks running.

---------- Post added at 8:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:53 PM ----------

I love this hobby!!!!!!

Try

Try movin a big oak tree head on, steering problem in front and did a suden turn to rite before I cold get out of throttle. Revo's will bend worked on it foe a bit thought I had it all streight know the right side axles come out of drive cups. was gonna make a parts car out of it but got me a frame from e-bay an doing a change out. Lots of screws and ole arther itis makes goin slow. How ever fast a Revo is an comes to a instant stop will tear up a lot of parts.:whhooo:

I think repairing them is just as much fun as bashing them.

I had a boat that would do about 30mph, I was in a start of a turn when if hit a wave at full speed knocking one of the batteries out. Now the boat (with no safety) was on a collation course with a full size boat on the beach. There was nothing I could do but watch as if hit with such a force that I had to check the other boat for a hole in the hull. My boat was a right off.

If you're not breaking it, you're driving it too easy and need to push it a bit harder: Drive it like you stole it!

Back