BASHERS, this is how to take care of your Bearings the right way to have them Last Longer. :) check this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
I do this way with all of my Bearings couple months back.
If i buy new RIG i also do this, fill the stock bearings with more grease.
This is important, same as check stock diffs in new rigs, fill with better oils.
Same with bearings, they are almost dry always sadly.

Watch this video how to get your bearings last longer, and stay dust and rust free.
Save motors, driveline, electronics, no more dry grinding bearings after this

This guy does it slow in video.
In real you can do it alot faster.
And you dont need press the way he does. He Overkills this
Just add more grease and you are fine.
Watch this video anyways please.

This tip will make your rig Better, and you will be happier , no need change bearings in long time.
You will ingrease the lifetime double, and drive more safe without grinding bearings

This is Great thing to do Actually.

Same thing like check Stock Diff oils in new ready build rollers or RTR.s before First run to be safe they are fully filled.

Well greased bearings last longer. Avoids alot problems if you are
a Basher with Powerfull Combos, and specially to Bashers that run
alot in Dirt, dust, wet conditions too.

This is up to all do it or not.
Same with stock diffs.
Serious RC Fanatics check the diff oils before first run.
We also check out Bearings to avoid dirt in them, and drive them
dry, and to avoid grinding bearings that can destroy ESC , Motors
Diffs, and other stuff in your RC Car.

Never say this is Waste of time.
Then you say Check Diff oils are Waste of time too.

Bearings are way to poor greased from factory. I promise that.
I have seen this.
There is alot to win by grease them more.

This is a great good thing to do.

Your Bearings will last 2x lifetime also.
Money saving. And Safety thing to Electronics and more

:)

If you have the time, and if you really care alot about your RC
I highly Recommend check Diff oils and Put more grease in
bearings. They need this actually.

bearings are cheap and rebuilding lubing is a waste ,

its a waste of time and effort to rebuild repack bearing .one should replace bearings they are a disposable item
I partially agree with this.

As I tend to clean and re-lube (oil) my bearings 1-2 times. At that point, then I'll buy a new set for the same reason - they are cheap. I've been using FastEddyBearings for years on all of my RC's with zero issues with this method and for little money.

Yeah , my Bearings did not last longtime before.
They come almost Bone Dry ALWAYS i have seen from Factory :( .

My Bashing Conditions needs well greased Bearings.
Alot dirt, dust at Beaches and GravelPit, wet conditions right after rain. Also Snow winter time.

To me this is a Game Changer. And important thing to do.
To avoid rust, alot dirt, and Bearings with short life time.

Hope this info will help someone else with Bearing problems like me BEFORE.
Now Finally they seems to last and stay clean after this metod=
Extra grease them well :)

Its not about the Price with new bearings to be honest. There is so much more:

It is about not need change them for very long time, more runtime, more fun, without wrenching that is important for me.
Once this is fixed, you can run alot more without need wrenching and risk other issues.

This is Also extra sercurity, no more hot motors, or hot ESC´s ,
and no more grinding broken diffs and driveline, no more heat issues or failures.

Have a dry bearing that heats up and causes a bad crash is very expensive if you have alot horsepower also.
To avoid all these issues i do extra grease my Bearings .
I'm happy find out this extra greasing method.

Places , Bashing style and Weather i do needs this

Happy Bashing everyone :thumbs-up:

Last edited:
Everything depends on something else.

Back in 2010, moved to a place where I could have a backyard track built for friends/family to come over and play with my RCs. Keeping a small fleet of RCs ready for play was very time consuming, and costly. Backyard track literally dumps dirt/dust straight onto the exposed bearings. I used to throw out "crunchy" bearings if they didn't survive relubing with oil. I began to keep closer tabs on my bearing costs. Even though bearings average $1 for each, going through at least one hundred forty-four bearings one year, and two hundred+ (lost track) the next... after I began cleaning/relubing bearings (with grease), my yearly bearing cost dropped by 75%.

Yeah, going through the whole cleaning/relubing process with grease is a pain. To make things quicker during RC maintenance... have a spare set of cleaned/lubed bearings ready to go. Work on dirty bearings at one's leisure for the next maintenance go around.

Is it worth it? It all depends on the person I guess.
Yeah , my Bearings did not last longtime before.
They come almost Bone Dry ALWAYS i have seen from Factory :( .

My Bashing Conditions needs well greased Bearings.
Alot dirt, dust at Beaches and GravelPit, wet conditions right after rain. Also Snow winter time.

To me this is a Game Changer. And important thing to do.
To avoid rust, alot dirt, and Bearings with short life time.

Hope this info will help someone else with Bearing problems like me BEFORE.
Now Finally they seems to last and stay clean after this metod=
Extra grease them well :)

Its not about the Price with new bearings to be honest. There is so much more:

It is about not need change them for very long time, more runtime, more fun, without wrenching that is important for me.
Once this is fixed, you can run alot more without need wrenching and risk other issues.

This is Also extra sercurity, no more hot motors, or hot ESC´s ,
and no more grinding broken diffs and driveline, no more heat issues or failures.

Have a dry bearing that heats up and causes a bad crash is very expensive if you have alot horsepower also.
To avoid all these issues i do extra grease my Bearings .
I'm happy find out this extra greasing method.

Places , Bashing style and Weather i do needs this

Happy Bashing everyone :thumbs-up:
Syringes filled with my favorite greases...
Grease.jpg

Yeah, it's also a pain to put the grease in the tubes, but the syringes make pushing the grease into bearings a bit easier.

Last edited:
Everything depends on something else.

Back in 2010, moved to a place where I could have a backyard track built for friends/family to come over and play with my RCs. Keeping a small fleet of RCs ready for play was very time consuming, and costly. Backyard track literally dumps dirt/dust straight onto the exposed bearings. I used to throw out "crunchy" bearings if they didn't survive relubing with oil. I began to keep closer tabs on my bearing costs. Even though bearings average $1 for each, going through at least one hundred forty-four bearings one year, and two hundred+ (lost track) the next... after I began cleaning/relubing bearings (with grease), my yearly bearing cost dropped by 75%.

Yeah, going through the whole cleaning/relubing process with grease is a pain. To make things quicker during RC maintenance... have a spare set of cleaned/lubed bearings ready to go. Work on dirty bearings at one's leisure for the next maintenance go around.

Is it worth it? It all depends on the person I guess.

Syringes filled with my favorite greases...
View attachment 148373
Yeah, it's also a pain to put the grease in the tubes, but the syringes make pushing the grease into bearings a bit easier.

WOW and these syringes are cheap.
Another Game Changer

Offcourse you want your different greases in syringes, why have i not think about this before?
This way less will be spilled, and also more easy get in more grease there faster, also cleaner hands.
Only Pros what i can see with these Syringues

Love this tip.
Many thanks to you HeavyBag

I will order 10pack Syringues NOW

i have bug spray now.

and best bearings as well. extra well greased, zero issues now :)

I clean my bearings by hosing the RC down with a water hose, then dry it with a hair dryer. Then it gets a coat of silicone lube, and I give the bearings a good shot. I would never go through the trouble of rebuilding them, when I can buy them for less than $1 each.

I clean my bearings by hosing the RC down with a water hose, then dry it with a hair dryer. Then it gets a coat of silicone lube, and I give the bearings a good shot. I would never go through the trouble of rebuilding them, when I can buy them for less than $1 each.
Yeah see this dude he's probably buying those really expensive ceramic bearings that are s*** anyway and the only way to keep them running right is to take and pack them full of grease all the damn time when hell you can buy a pack of bearings for cheap and just keep them oiled and clean and you ain't got to do all that work just as good

I don't buy ceramic bearings. I am sure they are good and all, but we had 3 Haas mills at work. 2 had regular bearings in the spindle, and one had ceramic bearings. The one with ceramic bearings went bad, and it was the newer machine. They replaced the spindle with a brand new one ($9000), and it lasted a month before the spindle bearings started chattering again. The Haas guy who serviced it (who was probably the best tech Haas has), told me it is a pretty common thing on those ceramic bearing spindled machines.

I don't buy ceramic bearings. I am sure they are good and all, but we had 3 Haas mills at work. 2 had regular bearings in the spindle, and one had ceramic bearings. The one with ceramic bearings went bad, and it was the newer machine. They replaced the spindle with a brand new one ($9000), and it lasted a month before the spindle bearings started chattering again. The Haas guy who serviced it (who was probably the best tech Haas has), told me it is a pretty common thing on those ceramic bearing spindled machines.
Yes it is, heard the same thing also. I've had no issues with my reg bearings just like anything brother as you know is called preventive maintenance
6s EXB finally got my Center titanium drive shafts and turnbuckles. Good stuff

Attachments

• 16600107772094354475247827638749.jpg
    16600107772094354475247827638749.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 34
I need to get those same arms and guards for ours. A rock got jammed between the axle and arm and ground a small groove in the axle.

i grease my stock bearings hard, almost full
no need clean or maintaince.
Some rigs have 50-60 runs now.
No bearing issues, no need cleaning
They have MARINE GREASE still :)

Back