baja 5b good or bad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxtmax1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi all from Toronto Canada ... i have a savage XL that i have beaten the hell out of its awsome ... now I'm looking at getting a ( baja 5b ss )
i was told that thay are not that good that the front end is week on them and bends easy ..

Last edited:
The Baja is a solid RC.

Whoever told you it's weak needs to learn how to properly drive a 25lb RC. Run into something or take a big jump and land on it's nose, then there's a good chance something in the front end will buckle.

I beat the snot out of mine and have only had to replace the plastic under tray because I tore the plastic one when I hit a railroad track on a short landing.

Baja's are super tough, but as mentioned above you have to remember it's big and heavy and all that inertia has to go somewhere in a crash. I ran a Turtle Racing HD top plate, and RPM front bumper and have hit on the bumper / front end hard enough that the rebound from the bumper would flip the car all the way around back onto it's wheels without anything broken.