Bad air from the fires in Cali.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really sucks man. I wouldn't be able to breath in that stuff. Hang in there!

Right there with you, haven't really gone outside much this summer, seems like the days it falls below 100F the air is so bad it still sucks.

Last night, I told the wife, it must suck to be a parent right now, they can't even tell their kids to go outside and get some fresh air. šŸ¤£

We have been dealing with it in Idaho also but it's been pretty clear out the last few days.

Florida used to be like that. once the woods got tore down ended it for the most part. might smell a couple a year now.

Ya try being right next to the fires and having them burn through all your childhood stomping grounds and lakes, campgrounds, mountains and forests. Has been one of the worst summers of my life to say the least watching everything around me burn up. Over 2 months straight of the fire burning, power outages and horrible air quality. Here's how close it came to my property and we know several people that unfortunately lost everything..
Ashes found in our front yard
IMG_20210817_153008_083.jpg

Fire after about 15 minutes ran up and over the mountain and half way down twords us
IMG_20210816_200815863.jpg
IMG_20210816_202814268.jpg

About an hour after the first picture fire had reached the base of the mountain and was only 2 miles from our front door
IMG_20210816_213117644.jpg

The next night after above pictures
IMG_20210817_201431496.jpg
IMG_20210817_201508321.jpg
IMG_20210817_204832975.jpg

Ya try being right next to the fires and having them burn through all your childhood stomping grounds and lakes, campgrounds, mountains and forests. Has been one of the worst summers of my life to say the least watching everything around me burn up. Over 2 months straight of the fire burning, power outages and horrible air quality. Here's how close it came to my property and we know several people that unfortunately lost everything..
Ashes found in our front yard
View attachment 134001
Fire after about 15 minutes ran up and over the mountain and half way down twords us
View attachment 133995View attachment 133996
About an hour after the first picture fire had reached the base of the mountain and was only 2 miles from our front door
View attachment 133997
The next night after above pictures
View attachment 133998View attachment 133999View attachment 134000

Dang ,your right there ,i am down in the central valley an complaining of smoke an ash ,but that makes
me feel like a whimp ,hope you all are ok!..:thumbs-up:

Dang ,your right there ,i am down in the central valley an complaining of smoke an ash ,but that makes
me feel like a whimp ,hope you all are ok!..:thumbs-up:
Yes thankfully fire has been away from us a good few weeks now and should be about contained and almost out thank god! Just devastating seeing all the beautiful land and forests burnt up all around us. Camping at any of the 10+ lakes around us will never be the same as the fire literally burnt and completely surrounded the lakes and burned up the campgrounds. Also Lassen Volcanic National Park had over 50% of the park burned up also just very sad! Wish more people in Southern California realized the importance of forest management and stopped voting in more restrictions for logging and to "protect" the forests when its the exact opposite and this fire more than proved it. I understand people down south don't live in and have the trees and forests we do up here so they think it all needs to be "protected" but the "protection" they vote for does the exact opposite. It causes the forests to get overgrown and full of damaged and diseased trees due to not allowing management and logging to thin and remove the bad trees and then this is what happens when we have a fire start. Instead of being able to stop it at say 50,000 acres having thinned forests and live green healthy trees it does like this one and grows to over 900,000 acres across 4 large counties and burns through communities due to all the dead trees and extreme overgrowth that is not allowed to be removed due to restrictions. I just hope and pray this opens people eyes and makes them realize how important logging and forest management is. And is a lot more important than protecting owl species that are not even endangered and are more than thriving with huge population numbers.

Yes thankfully fire has been away from us a good few weeks now and should be about contained and almost out thank god! Just devastating seeing all the beautiful land and forests burnt up all around us. Camping at any of the 10+ lakes around us will never be the same as the fire literally burnt and completely surrounded the lakes and burned up the campgrounds. Also Lassen Volcanic National Park had over 50% of the park burned up also just very sad! Wish more people in Southern California realized the importance of forest management and stopped voting in more restrictions for logging and to "protect" the forests when its the exact opposite and this fire more than proved it. I understand people down south don't live in and have the trees and forests we do up here so they think it all needs to be "protected" but the "protection" they vote for does the exact opposite. It causes the forests to get overgrown and full of damaged and diseased trees due to not allowing management and logging to thin and remove the bad trees and then this is what happens when we have a fire start. Instead of being able to stop it at say 50,000 acres having thinned forests and live green healthy trees it does like this one and grows to over 900,000 acres across 4 large counties and burns through communities due to all the dead trees and extreme overgrowth that is not allowed to be removed due to restrictions. I just hope and pray this opens people eyes and makes them realize how important logging and forest management is. And is a lot more important than protecting owl species that are not even endangered and are more than thriving with huge population numbers.

Yea ,that was always my first thought ,was the natural beauty an the wild life ,hopefully we will have some good
wet weather this winter to help replenish it ,but I know that there will be mudslides!
I know the fires were close to Lake Isabella ,not sure about Tehachapi area as some of my friends own a cabin
up there ,I know that they would have to go up there an clear dry brush away from it ,I went up there quite
a few years back an painted the trim of the cabin for them!..:cool:

That forest green color is very popular, when I used to paint houses I'd say besides white that was the next popular trim color for sure.
We just had our shed renovated and green is the wifes favorite color so we ended up with that. Technically her favorite color is olive green but she likes green in general and I wasn't about to paint the trim olive green lol

We just had our shed renovated and green is the wifes favorite color so we ended up with that. Technically her favorite color is olive green but she likes green in general and I wasn't about to paint the trim olive green lol
I dunno. This has lots of olive green in it šŸ˜‰
army-camouflage-print-pattern-military-260nw-1564602178.jpg

That forest green color is very popular, when I used to paint houses I'd say besides white that was the next popular trim color for sure.

They were force to have it painted ,that place is a controlled community ,no loud colors are allowed
in a natural setting ,only earth tones!..:hehe::hehe::hehe:

What it was ,their old paint had fainted over time an changed to a teal color an became too bright ,an
the board members there said that it needed to be repainted!

They were force to have it painted ,that place is a controlled community ,no loud colors are allowed
in a natural setting ,only earth tones!..:hehe::hehe::hehe:

What it was ,their old paint had fainted over time an changed to a teal color an became too bright ,an
the board members there said that it needed to be repainted!
I could never live in a place like that. Id end up in jail lol

Yea ,me & the wife want to sell ,an buy property back east ,an the first thing we look at ,is
to see if HOA is involve ,once we see if it is ,we say HELL NO!..:cool:

Back