Axles?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

alien13

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Stuck with a decision to make, and I'm really not sure how I want to go about this. When I built the Flux HP/XL, I used the RC8T hexes that extended the width by about an inch overall. The problem i had with those is that I lost a pin after the retainer ring shifted. I now longer want to use those. I picked up a set of Warlock wheel wide hexes.

Now I could easily just pull the old hexes off, and put the warlock hexes on, however to make the RC8T hexes fit with the right pins, I had to drill out the axle, meaning it will be weaker and have some slop with the Warlock's pins. I'd rather just replace them.

So now I have choice. Do I get the standard super heavy duty axles, or do I get the XL super heavy duty axles, which will add 15mm per side. The warlock's already add 5mm per side.

15mm = ~.59 inches
5mm = ~.19 inches
20mm = ~.78 inches

So where I had about one inch overall before, I would now have about one and a half inches overall with the XL axles, or just under half an inch overall with the standard axles.

One thing to consider is this: Will the XL axles have the strength? Anybody have issues with snapping them off?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Chassis & Drivetrain 2
cmzm HPI Savage 3
M HPI Savage 0
C HPI Savage 1