Axle Twisting Inward?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I notice that when I am going along my rear sits kind of low, but when a start up on a rock or obsticle, rear flattens out, shocks fully compress and my leafs damn near straight if not straight. What would do this and is this bad? I am not sure if my shocks are internally sprung but should they be? I have soft springs with scale shocks, all mounted on the hi-lift chassis and has no 3/4-link on the thing?

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Pic of the setup?

not sure if its good enough but my leafs look trashed IMO

P1060515.jpg

P1060516.jpg

This is just sitting on the table...

Have you tried adjusting the ball cups?

LOL if you're referring to my saggy undercarrage, I tried the cough n feel but it just kept sagging down when it relaxed:hehe:

They need more support. It's obvious they are WAY too heavy for that suspension. Try the stainless ball bearing axles.

Alxe twist is not uncommon with leafs, even on 1:1's. Your rig is heavy enough to need the load springs that come with that kit. You will see lighter rigs running a single spring but every Hi lift/lux rig I have had needed the load spring.

^^ Will adding the load springs make it not flex? Should I make sure there is internal springs installed?^^

--

Is having my tires that low mad? It has oversized memories in it and a super small vent in the wheels.

Adding load springs will Stiffen things a bit and you will have less flex. If you don't have springs in the shocks you can add then and it will help.

Yeah its gonna be a give and take. Those leaves are imo more for a scale look rather than any good performance since their so thin.

And a jock-strap on the danglers to keep them from dragging on the ground.

Don't forget your driving a scale rig again, not a comp rig LOL!!!

Back