axle carriers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikko508

ROLEX SUPPORTER
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking to upgrade the corners on my 4.6 X.
I've done a lot of research and read just about anything posted on the web, about the only thing I can find is carriers made from integy:angry:.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330771761691?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Does anyone know of any other company that makes this type of carrier,
Is anyone using this product with out a problem ?. I just can't get over the reputation integy has and I don't what to put parts on that will fall apart just looking at it. Thanks guys..

Last edited:
Rpm makes carriers but they are not aluminum. I have them on a tmaxx. They are made from the same nylon that the a-arms are made of and come with new bearings. Very durable!!

Thanks but I was going to go with the FLM extended aluminum arms, and wanted to match the carriers, I have rpm on my maxx too and they seam very "mushy" for the sake of a better word, that's why I wanted to go with metal...

Rpm's a arms are designed to flex as to absorb impacts w/o breaking. Aluminum arms will just bend.

I was really hopping to get some nice aluminum carriers, I was going to get some flextech arms, but they won't build any unless they have 100 orders, I guess its rpm for now, I have to see if they make the tie rod eliminating carriers . Thanks guys

savage isnt a traxxas! HPI makes axle carriers,integy and FLM take your pick. i use stock ones as they are sturdy enough for just about anything i can i can put to them

Nobody said traxxas was a savage. Where did that come from?

All I'm asking is if anyone knows of any company other than integy that makes a good carrier for my HPI savage in aluminum that eliminates the tie rods. Or if anyone has or is using the parts I listed above. I know who makes savage and what the difference is between a tmaxx and a savage....

Last edited:
Well if I'm not mistaken doesn't HPI offer aluminum carriers for your savage? Other than that one of the other companies is stated above from someone FLM. whatever you do dont buy integy.

Well if I'm not mistaken doesn't HPI offer aluminum carriers for your savage? Other than that one of the other companies is stated above from someone FLM. whatever you do dont buy integy.

I'm with you on that, I dont want integy, but every thing I'm finding on the wed on this says that integy makes better parts for the savage than they do for everything else idk, that's why I asked, thanks for the help...

I have those Integy aluminum rear carriers on my Savage XL. They actually work really well. I was very skeptical of them at first like everyone else is of Itnegy products. But after 6 months of hard bashing they are still holding up great.

I have those Integy aluminum rear carriers on my Savage XL. They actually work really well. I was very skeptical of them at first like everyone else is of Itnegy products. But after 6 months of hard bashing they are still holding up great.

Now that's what I'm looking for thank you for the info, I'm sure you know how frustrating it is when you burn good money for crap, I have had bad luck with integy just as I'm sure everyone has so I wanted some info beforehand, thanks again..

Yeah i have had bad luck with Integy stuff in the past and wasn't going to get them but another member on this forum had used them and really liked them. They are actually made from good solid aluminum and are really beefy. I would suggest gettting the ones for the XL they are much stouter than the ones for the X and 4.6. I have no complaints about the ones I use.

Ok, I didn't even consider getting the xl carriers, thanks again..

the integy rear turnbuckle eliminators are a really good product. About the only thing integy makes worth talking about. I'm very pleased with the durability of them

Thanks guys, all the info IS much appreciated.
Now I have to figure out if I want to go with FLM extended tvp's and extended FLM a arms or xl tvp's and a arms...

If you go with XL TVP's, it will more than likely be easier to find better rear/center axle than with FLM. Just a thought.

The integy rear carriers are one of the few integy parts I would put on my savvy (the other is clutch shoes)

If you really want to beef them up TCS crawlers makes an upgraded screw kit to beef the integy units up a little more.