Axial SCX24 charging battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got an Axial SCX24 Gladiator. It's using the Reaction 2s, 30c, 350mah lipo. I have a Hitec 2x Black Edition AC balance charger. Please help me out, I've never charged a lipo battery this small. What adapter from the charger (red and black plugs) to the battery charge lead do I need? Also when balance charging what charge rate do you recommend for this battery.
Thanks alot

Fwiw I've been using the included charger for all 5 of my 24s for quite some time now, and it appears to work fine. I believe it is designed to be a balanced charge.

Fwiw I've been using the included charger for all 5 of my 24s for quite some time now, and it appears to work fine. I believe it is designed to be a balanced charge.
Thanks Xraycer...I got a little gun shy from watching a couple videos where the included USB charger caught fire and they recommended using a quality charger. Thanks for responding man.

At one point, I had 3 of them set up for charging 3 batteries at a time, during the overnights.

Hi. My charger didnt have the right plug and I didnt like the idea of constantly having to pull the ph2.0 plug from the ESC so I made a jst to ph2.0 cable which is left attached to the ESC. My charger has a female JST output cable so I have soldered male jst plugs onto my batteries. Works well and much more simple to unplug from the scx24. Be v carefull not to short the battery when soldering on new plugs - it is best to cut the wires at different lengths to be safe. I charge at 0.4 amps with the SKYRC e680 and usually charge to 50% and only fully charge if I am to use the battery within a couple of days.

jst.jpg
jst -jst ph2.jpg

jst.jpg
jst -jst ph2.jpg

Back