Axial SCX10 Which Drive Shafts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazymatt

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got me a Axial SCX 10 with a broken rear drive shaft. Apparently it is a common problem with the stock Axial Shafts. I've read that the MIP shafts are the best, I've also heard of others being decent. What about Integy? Please advice which route I should take and why. Thanks! Any advice is much appreciated.

MIP ALL THE WAY, I ran them for over 2 years in my ax10 comp rig with no problems at all. Now there doing work jn my scaler, Just make sure you use some blue loctite on all the set screws and allow it to dry overnight.

Sent from my Samsung Admire

Mip huh? Who has the best price on these?

I keep reading about a simple mod where you can put in Traxxas Stampede short Driveshafts for a fraction of the cost. Anyone ever do this?

It has been done, I have never done it myself, but if you want to never have to worry about your drive shafts again get the MIP's...

MIP shafts 100%, dont get Integy or Junfac, they bend and rust.

I got mine pretty damn cheap at www.ckrccrawlers.com

That is a good site but they only list the mips for the scorpion. I need it for the scx10 honcho. Is it the same for both?

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you have a scx10 which is a scaler not a rock crawler your not likely to use or have dig, but what dig does on a shaft is give you the ability to lock up your back wheels or have them free wheels with no power .

Back