Axial SCX10 upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Alright guys I have been checking on some upgrades for the SCX10. I found some stuff on ebay made by level 3 company, I am looking into there kift and steering link, because I just don't like the flex in the stock plastic one. I was just wandering if anyone had tried there stuff and if it was any good. Also been checking out some HOT RACING stuff like there trans gears and axle housings just wandering if there stuff is good quality or not. I have several of there products on some nitro rigs and they all seem to hold up nice.

If these are for your RTR Rubicon here's a link for some upgrades at RC4WD.com:

http://store.rc4wd.com/Axial-Jeep-Rubicon_c_254.html

I've been really happy with the parts and their service. The bumpers they have are second to none. I have used the Hot Racing stuff on other trucks and really liked. Vanquish is pricey but from everything I've heard, it's really good stuff.

Last edited:
Wow you guys aren't kidding that vanquish stuff is definitely not for the faint of heart. I must know more....

Well I have made my first attempt, of crawling with the Ruby tonite. I have noticed two of my stock shocks are leaking a little. From what I have gathered, this is not unusual. So I guess the first upgrade will be shocks. What do you guys recommend. I have checked out the Gmade they look good and Proline make the Powerstrokes. Guys give me some idea's. I really am digging this rig. Can't wait my brother is going to get a Axial waith soon. Going to start working on my trail this weekend. I wish I would have got into the scale stuff a long time ago.:D

Some Associated Green Slime on the shock's O-rings will help with the leaks. I'd go with the G-Made because they look more scale to me.

Fun ain't it? :D Just rebuild your stock shocks, they're acutally pretty decent. I'll bet they nicked an o ring during assembly, or tightened the bottom cap too tight. Order some new O rings, make sure they're wet before you push the shaft through, and don't tighten the bottom cap until the shaft is in, and don't over-tighten it.

I will prob rebuild the stock shocks, and keep them around for an extra set. But I will def be upgrading the shocks. I may give the Gmade shocks a try. May order a steering servo relocation to been looking around just want a little more travel out of the front. I will be picking me up a driver I hope for the rig tomorrow.

Gmade shocks are supposed to be pretty good, the "gtransition" are supposed to be alright, as long as you just use a little bit of oil. Heard its a pain trying to fill them all the way.

Man I'd grab a set of those currie axles even though I don't have a scaler, I just like how real they look.

F1DTGnv.png

Well I took the SCX10 out for the first major trail session. Holy crap this rig is pretty tough man. I rolled this thing ALOT. I built a course with a big freakin hill climb out of about thirty attempts, I made it up twice. I may be going after another SCX10 Sunday trading my Baja 5b off. Guy has a fully upgraded Rubicon edition lifted on alum beadlocks and 2.2's and a winch heres a pic.

View attachment 13129

Last edited:
High jack: I apologize hulkmaxx.

I had a question regarding scx10 upgrades. Can I use the wraith axles on an scx10? if yes, will the scx10 be wider?....will I need custom links?

You guessed it I nabbed/ordered an SCX10 G6 edition. Well I'm on the waiting list anyhow, until first week of December.
And I figured I'd use this time to look around for aftermarket support, I'm really digging those currie rockjock axles.

Yep search, youtube plenty OH conversion's guys have done on there. The AR60's from a wraith are wider don't know how much wider. I am looking at a set of those Gmade, portal axles there wider then the stock sc10 axles also. And a little cheaper than the wraith conversion from what I have searched.:D

Panhard

Thinking about getting this setup, should help with battery relocate to the front, plus give me more flex without, bottoming out on the sterring servo. Heres a pic anyone know if this companies products are any good.View attachment 13130 Think its level 3 brand don't know its on epig.

Last edited:
DO NOT buy that L3 CMS (chassis mounted servo) and panhard setup. They're known to be garbage products, much like integy. VP makes a great CMS / panhard setup that is a much better design, and they're stuff is made right here in the US.

Also, wraith axles on a SCX frame is known as a wroncho. :D

I just upgraded my SCX-10 with MIP splined shafts. Really heavy duty with CVDs at each end. Not as scale-looking as some of the others but I have seen some like it.

Back