Axial Exo Terra

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Non Crimen

RCNT Cyclist
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Who's had one? Are they worth it? The two problems I've heard are the hassle to get under the roll cafe and the hassle to change the battery. Anything else?

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Robmob does, seems like he said its like all other axials where everything is plastic.

Yep.

Everything is plastic and it's a PITA to get to anything on the chassis due to the cage. Leaving the seat area off makes it tolerable to get at the battery.

It's worth it if you want the scale look and are a fan of Axial.

Another option is the Varerra Twin Hammers for the scale look.

Alright sounds good! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

I did it :) my newest rig. RPM arms, universal cvds, Alum towers, knuckles, and what not. Spectrum radio and reciever.
y6ypyba2.jpg

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Nice, but beware the front arms and toe blocks have 0 protection against rocks and hard hits. Took mine out on a maiden voyage and hit a rock under 25% throttle and bent the front toe blocks and bent the a-arm pin...

Alright! I'll keep that in mind.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

So of course I get up this morning to charge my lipos and the charger took a dump. The fan either doesn't run at all or sounds like a chainsaw. And when I begin to charge it just shuts off and restarts. Sounds like something shorted. So I'm off to the hobby shop to pick up a Duratrax Onyx 245(2 batts at once) charger. Can't wait. As I post this it has began to rain....FML. Last thing, is it normal for the gears to make a decent amount of noise at slow speed?

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Blew apart my front diff. I got bored and ended up locking the center diff and running it 2wd. Man, this thing rips even more now. Upon nailing the throttle it fishtails for a while until the tires hook up. I'm excited :D

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

What a run of luck lol I would start looking into HD gears for it. As soon as I get parts to fix mine I'm locking the diffs 100%.

And for hell sakes lets see action shots!

I've seen "limited slip" tuts on YouTube where you use the black jb weld without the hardner which almost locks it but I think I'm going to do that to the rear pretty soon. I just don't want to take the entire rear end apart. I'll get some up in probably 30 mins

Interesting, I am locking mine up to make it a trail buggy. Lol no matter what if its under the cage it blows taking it to the operating table :hehe:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LljXdLMXu1o"]Axial Exo Terra 2wd locked diff demonstration - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• IMG_1920[1].jpg
    IMG_1920[1].jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 134
Man, all this power directly to the rear wheels just eats tires! :D
vyhady8e.jpg

Okay, now the tires are completely shredded. Any suggestions for road tires? I kind wanna do a set of touring wheels and tires. Because I think it would look sick

1/8 scale street tires would look great on it, not sure if the hexes would be the same, 17mm conversion with some tires off 1/8 road car??

That's what I'm thinking. Man do I love this thing.

Man if CKRCC would pull their heads out and fix my order I could run mine! Never built a kit, put loads of $$ worth of mods in it and busted it then putting it on the shelf for almost a year.... Damn you not guilty you make me jealous!

Haha sorry to hear that, bro.
Update: locked all diffs and I am waiting for my wheels and tires to come in. Picked them up for $10.49 off of the bay