Axial ax10 Scorpion (my first crawler)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOUTCH

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
WooohOOOO!! I got the crawler yesterday and tried it out, its sooo cool. Made a pile of shoes(with all the shoes laying around the appartment) pretty damn fun. soon i'll find a spot outside somewhere to try out with real rocks. OHH, does it really make a diff to lock the front diff and putting the 14T pinion? the rear one is already locked, just wanna know.

Thanks again RCNT for this opportunity to try out crawling...:D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yes, you need to lock the front diff. I would go with a higher turn motor like a 35 or 45 turn with like 12 or 14 /87 gearing, the stock motor doesn't have alot of TQ IMO.

Congrats man, i never got my rcnt stickers............

congrats man!!!! fun aint they? lol. yeah i would use at least a 12t pinion or even an 11 with a better motor, like chip said 35 or even 45t, the 35's kinda seem hard to find right now.

Congrats man, i never got my rcnt stickers............

LOL!!! I'm pretty sure that can be arranged if you talk to a certain somebody.

Cool, ill be on the lookout for some motor. Thanks, damn right they are awesome to drive...i dont regret taking that one.:D

Man if you aren't running the small pinion and locker you haven't even felt what a crawler runs like yet. Right now with the 27 turn motor, no locker in the front, and high gearing, its running like a slash instead of a crawler. Get that sucker locked down, volt up and gear down, and get a high turn motor. We're talking about $20 and the difference in night and day.

BOUTCH,

Glad to see you got the crawler as fast as you did, I was kinda concerned on how long it might have taken being shipped to Canada.

Good looking truck!

-Michael

Thanks man, i am really liking the ''crawling'' side of R/C. Thanks again for everything.:D:D

Same here . I've been into nitro ever since the first T-Maxx came out and I still love it ...BUT not having to spend half an hour cleaning after I'm done with my rock crawler is a big plus . :D It's also a lot of fun to play with it in the house . I haven't had this much fun with electrics since I first got a USA-1 about 16 years ago .

yeah man, atleast throw on the 14t, it will make a big difference. thats the rtr, the rtr i had was hard to control at low low speed so just try to get used to barely pulling that trigger!!! lol

Back