axial 32

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chattin

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
got this mill for free brand new.... seems to be a ok mill wanted a OS but this landed in my lap... I need to do a 180 on the carb... i pulled the locking screw but still can't pop the carb off.... I have pulled real hard but still no luck.... any advice...
should i beat it off with a mallat. that was a joke

Try gently twisting it to try and break the seal it's made, and make sure there is not another screw holding it in place before yanking too hard. Tapping it a little bit may help break it loose as well, just be careful not to hit it too hard.

DO NOT twist the carb, you can possibly damage it.
Loosen the pinch bolt, then lightly/firmly tap it until it frees up. It is a cam that is dug into the carb neck. Popping it will release it. The carb should slide straight out .

Hmmm...my carb is smooth all the way around. Listen to Scrogg. I'm a n00b ;-)

The cinch bolt is a cam. You have to push on the screw after loosening the screw. This disengages the cam that is cutting into the side of the carb neck. Then you should be able to wiggle it out.

I've never had one that didn't require a bit of wiggling even with the cinch bolt pieces completely out.

olds gets 10 cool points for being right..... I threaded it back in a little tapped on it and the cam thing fell out... i did it to the other side and walllahhaaa...swapped the carb 180 now i can mount it up.. in a Associated MT... hope it is gonna rip...regardless.. it was free and at least it looks cool...i ll throw up a pic in a day or so... thanks for the help

Last edited:
Some are made different than others. I've had 3 kinds.

One wasn't a cinch bolt at all, but rather two screws, one on each side of the carb neck that went into threaded holes on the carb neck. Kind of lame... doesn't make for clean air flow, but it was a cheap engine.

Another was like what you have. Two metal peices, one threaded, one not, the screw pinched them together and pinched the carb neck in the process.

The third was a solid shaft with a threaded end on it and a nut. The shaft had a half moon cut out of the center of it which when centered, would allow the carb to drop in. When you tightened the nut, it would pull one side of the half moon into the carb neck and cut into it a bit while pinching it.

I like the second one best. If the screw gets worn, you can replace it. Also, it pinches from both sides for a good hold.

update got the motor all in ran 5 tanks through, started to lean it out a little and took it easy for another two tanks figure it was broke in enough and just started hammering it...it was kind of cool to see the mt 4.6 stand up and do wheelies.. so its all broke in and running awesome so now i hope i never have to work on it or drive it again.. I handed it to my son and said son go get my slayer :hehe.. and the rest is history

Back