Axail .28 RR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmmcm

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I trashed the .26 engine in my Hot Bodies buggy, so I'm buying a Axail.28 RR motor. How well do they hold up and hows the power on them?

Not sure about the RR but I have the axial .28 spec 1s and I LOVE it! It has plenty of power and I haven't even tuned it yet. I would say as much as it goes almost twice as fast as my tmaxx. Although I have my tmaxx geared for hillclimbing at the time, it still rips. I guess what I am saying is that you will be happy with it. And some may argue that it doesn't go 2 times as fast as the tmaxx and I may be exagerating (sp) But its fast. It also has plenty of low end grunt. It is in my savage BTW. I haven't ever had a big block before this but it is easy to tune and runs very nice. I would definatly reccomend it!

I don't like Axial, they are cheaply made and poor performers. My second Axial just seized the main bearing at 2 gallons. The inside of the engine was immaculate, no dirt, no detonation marks, no fuel stains... nothing. It just let go. That's the second time. What's your budget? You can buy a lot better quality with more power for relatively the same price. The LRP will smoke the Axial, so will a Sportwerks .26. The Axial was aimed at monster trucks, it makes decent power at lower rpms but has nothing on top end.
The Sportwerks .26s are extremely quick, they have just as much power on bottom as the Axial but keep pulling the higher it revs. The LRP is good too but it s a bit too much for a buggy unless you just bash. Then it is perfect.

Thanks for the imput guys.

Do you like leaky engines? Thats what an Axial is. If you can get it to run it has nice power but most of them don't last very long. I would rather the LRP spec3 or the Picco .28

I was going to say the RR produces great power and goes really hard, but I havent put any serious runtime on any of them, so I'll have to believe Smaxxin and scrogg, and start worrying. +1 on the LRP. I have 3 and rate them above most others, and the Picco .28 I have is the P3. I is unbelievably fast and sounds like its doing about 50 000rpm. Awesome

Back