Awesome deal!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuma

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
About a month ago I picked up a used not running GS 21B01 for $18. When I got it, it wouldn't turn at all and I immediately disassembled it, and noticed the connecting rod was pulled out slightly from the crank so I pushed it back in and it turned over without hesitation. After I reassembled it and mounted it, it fired right up. Today I just installed it with a fresh McCoy #8 to my MBX R2 and ran it for the first time and it ran beautifully at 180-205F and topped out at around 233F with plenty of smoke and compression is still great- it also is very fast (somewhat faster than my original GS 21B01). This is the best deal I've had yet in RC!

That engine will handle 270 and not damage it or at least thats what I have been running one of my engines at. I have run consistenly at that temp for about 4 months and 2 gallons plus with no unexpected compression loss, so your real rich and can stand to lean it up considerably. If you wanna play it safe stick to like 260. I run my Sirio @ 230 because it is a different engine with different heat tolerances so engines are different from brand to brand. I say lean the lil mo fo up and watch it come alive!:thumbup: :OMG:

Last edited:
The huge heatsink really helps the motor run well, even after 30 seconds of idling the head gets real warm and when reading from the temp gun it says 160+ F. It has quite a lot more power going through it at only 200F than my original GS21B01, I'm guessing the motor I got was ported because it's quite a bit faster off the line too.

I'm thinking about grabbing a Nova Race head (shiny silver) for it too.

Back