attn:mamba max pro owners..need help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badboy2

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i just bought a used one (still not received) and I'm not sure if I'm gonna need a BEC for it?and can i run 14.8v on it? I'm using a futaba radio if that helps.thanks

They arent rated for running 4s so if they fry they wont replace them for you BUT I've ran a mamba on 4s without any trouble.
What rig is this for and what servo? If its not a really high torque servo that needs 6v, then you prolly wont need a bec.

as my mistake i bought it for rc8be my servo will prolly be a digital servo..i didnt know there was a mamba monster and mamba max pro.so when i saw mamba max pro and the guy had it in his rc8be too i assumed its the mamba monster.so what battery is recommended? 3s 11.1v is good?the guy i got it from said he got it new and was used 3 times ..hes running 4s 30c 4500mah..if its 4s it means its 14.8v right?I'm kinda new in electrics..the first one i had was the savage i converted years ago and so much have came thru all those years.did you use 4s on your mamba max pro ?so what servo should i get for it?my last experience was not good..i fried my esc and my fingers as soon as i connected it on my 6pack nimh batts.

Last edited:
Yeah 3s is good for sure.

but i guess my rc8be will be running like a turtle ..will it matter if he used 4s before?
so if i used 3s 11.1v i wont need BEC right?whats the disadvantage aside from losing power?
btw I'm thinking of getting a savox servo also..do you think I'm safe?

Last edited:
An MMP is rated up to 6S.
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/mamba_max_pro.html

It has a built in BEC so no worries there. None of your 1/10 scale motors can handle 6S and I've never personaly put 6S on one but Castle claims it can handle it. Then again CC has had really crappy quality control on their ESCs over the last year or so too be careful there :)

Also if you are buying a new MMP it should come with a certificate that has a promo code on it that will allow you to get either a free castle link ($20 value) or a field programmer which also is used as a castle link for $10 bucks (retails for $30). Its been about 6-8 months since I bought one but if you dont get the promo code with it I would ask about it or call CC and ask them about it because if they still offer that then I would take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Thanks!Now my BEC worries are gone..Do you think its ok if I ran mmp on rc8be?or that's too weak?

1900kv and 4s 5000mah..same batt the previous owner had..difference was his servo is ace 1313 mine is the 333oz hitec.

Back