Associated RC8T RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KbigO69

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so what does everyone think of this truggy? I'm really thinkin of getting one but want to make sure its the right choice

It's a VERY nice Truggy from the reviews I have read, and people I ave spoken to. Race ready out of the box, and durable as hell.

a couple guys out at our local track have them and they are great but they have to change the shocks as the stock ones bust, this is just hearsay, i dont own one

A close friend of mine has a kit version, 4 gallons and no issues. Only the chassis shows wear. It handles great.

I can't speak for the RTR but I pick up the race kit version Friday :)

I took a few laps around the area52 racetrack with a friend's RC8T and it is amazing. Great handling (very nimble for a truggy) and the harder you push it the better it goes. Parts quality is typical top-notch Team Associated and availability isn't a problem. I have the RC8T RTR stock engine in another truggy chassis and it holds a tune well and has ample power & response. Bear in mind your runtime will be ~5-6 minutes in race conditions, those .28's are thirsty.

About the only change I'd make from stock on the RTR would be King Headz backplate which uses a captured hinge pin and longer gearbox screws. The stock backplate uses a partial capture (washers) and the stock screws can have a tendency to strip out on the gearbox.

**Edit: Just after I hit post my LHS called. My RC8T kit is in and I'm picking it up today! Woohoo!

i have the rtr i broke a front shock in the last race replaced the .28 with a os .30. it jumps really nice. pushes like a dump truck through the corners but that can be fixed pretty easy with the right set of tires. yes the o.s. is a big motor but i hate getting beat on the straight aways.

Back