Associated finally developing a 4wd 10th scale electric...?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeartBreak

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've heard rumors about the car being in prototype phase... If the rumors are true, the electric scene could heat up once again. Anyone else getting excited about electric offroad again? :bling:

Like another stadium truck. I dont under stand why they would do that when they just released the t4 again like 6 months ago. Maby there going to apply some of there new buggy designing into it. That would be cool.

Bryson

It's not going to be a stadium. It's going to be like the XX4/XXX4 buggies by Losi. I know I'm getting excited about the release (if it happens).

I think if we are on the same page, Its already been released. Its called the TC5. 4WD Belt driven. ASS Has had 4wd Electric for a long time. The TC3 - TC4 - and now the TC5.

Electric took a little down swing as the Nitros got faster and faster. Now with better batteries and faster motors including brushless electric has been and will continue to be on the upswing.

Nope Eddy; the car that's in the rumored-works is an Offroad unit. Personally, I'm itching to get one, if it's true. It's supposed to be shaft-driven and use saddle packs, so it sounds like a whole new chassis design.

I really do hope electric is on the upswing; That's the one class I had no problems getting to run reliably. :cheerful:

That would be really cool espically if they used some of the suspension design from there new buggy. Will be interisting!

Bryson

That would be awesome. Hopefully AE is smart enoough to make it adaptable to 1/10 ST wheels so people could start truggy racing. I would definately consider one then. I have always wanted a 1/10 electric truggy.

I think it's more than possible for them to make it adaptable to a truggy. That'd be a really popular class. Just you watch; this time next year, everyone'll be running 10th scale truggy, lol.

I think it's more than possible for them to make it adaptable to a truggy. That'd be a really popular class. Just you watch; this time next year, everyone'll be running 10th scale truggy, lol.

Yup, exactly. And especially since Brushless and LiPo are coming up in the rings that will play a big role in it aswell. Fast speeds and long runtimes. Awesome combination.

I have a Kyosho ZX-5 sitting on my shelf just waiting for the local offroad track to open. Hopefully with more manufaturers jumping back in this class 4wd will make a comeback. Here is a good site for you 4wd offroad fans.

www.oople.com

I am getting ready to build a 501X as my next project. Oople has a nice write up on it.

Actually I think it's been in development for a while. If I remember correctly, there was an aftermarket company that produced a conversion kit for the TC3 which converted it to a shaft-drive 4WD offroad buggy to compete with the XXX4.

Found it. I think this is probably what motivated AE.
http://www.rcproductdesigns.com/kit.htm

Either that, or they finally decided to make one themselves, instead of partnering with Yokomo.

Maybe Associated is going to scale up the RC-18r. It's an awesome little rally car.

Back