Arrma Typhon Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayzzfish

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a question about a arrma typhon. There are two of them the only thing I see different is a twenty dollar price. The one is Typhon Mega brushed 1/8 4wd buggy green Export. The other one is Typhon Mega brushed 1/8 4wd buggy green w/ SLT3/ NIMH. What would be different with these two. I can't tell just wondering... Thanks

No idea, but it looks like one comes with a battery.

Not sure what the difference is but I recommend putting out a bit more money for the Arrma Typhon V3 3S BLX Brushless RTR 1/8 4WD Buggy.
The Mega version is a fun car but the brushed motor doesn't last long. The Mega is very upgradable because I purchased the Mega version and modded it to run 4s but I keep it on 2s.
If you do go with a brushless version then you will need a lipo charger and highly recommend you read up on lipo's if you are new to them.

With my Mega I destroyed a lot of parts but I knew I would. I wanted the Mega version just to see what would last running a brushless system,
so it was just for my interest so to speak. I've replaced just about everything because the brushless system didn't play nice with the Mega platform.
RTR versions of anything are basically an entry level rig built with the cheapest parts possible to keep the cost down.
They are a fun buggy but brushless is the way to go.

Well I took the plunge and bought the 6s Typhon. I can't wait to get out to the track and start bashing it. I always own nitro cars. its going to be nice not to play around with the engine all the time.. i have a question is there any updates i should do for this buggy ?

Other than check the fluid levels, i added T-bone racing bumpers on mine. I mostly use mine for racing around parking lots so I have Hoon's street tires on mine.

Well I took the plunge and bought the 6s Typhon. I can't wait to get out to the track and start bashing it. I always own nitro cars. its going to be nice not to play around with the engine all the time.. i have a question is there any updates i should do for this buggy ?
You made the best possible choice IMO. Check gear mesh and screws, and have a ball. After a pack or two pull the diffs, shim them, and fill them up. (Arrma recommends some run time to let the gears run in, and that’s good advice. After, you can put in whatever weight fluids you want to alter handling.). The Typhon is an awesome rig, you will not be disappointed. They’re fast as hell and handle great.

Back