Are these dudes legit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RET4RD

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Check these guys out
https://www.rchackers.com/
I've never heard of these guys before. Was wondering if u guys ever bought from them and if they're any good before I buy some Lipos from them. I was going to catch some Zeee's on Amazon for 30 bucks more, then I found these guys.

Check these guys out
I've never heard of these guys before. Was wondering if u guys ever bought from them and if they're any good before I buy some Lipos from them. I was going to catch some Zeee's on Amazon for 30 bucks more, then I found these guys.
Never heard of them, but if it were me, I would grab Liperior or CNHL before Zeee brand.

bruh just checked out CNHL looks sooooooo sketch

whoops. wrong site
why is my downloads folder growing?

No these dudes are not legit. It is a known scam company.

Attachments

• 70F9242E-4128-4BA0-889C-9CAB8B3B2BDF.png
    70F9242E-4128-4BA0-889C-9CAB8B3B2BDF.png
    376.5 KB · Views: 80
Check these guys out
I've never heard of them before, but their name kinda lowers them a notch on the trustworthy list, I know you shouldn't "judge a book by its cover". I would buy from Amazon instead, look for some deals and stuff. Especially when buying electronics and LiPos, you usually want to stay clear of websites that you've never heard of and ones that seems sketchy. When encountering these types of websites, dig around in the "About Us" page, and the "Shipping and returns" page, you can find some useful info there, like where they are based, returns, ect.

You don't want questionable LiPos, that can end badly. Stick with brands like Liperior, CNHL, Zeee, ect. I'm using two Awanfi LiPos off Amazon and they're good, one pack has been having some balancing problems though.
CNHL is not sketchy at all, I am super happy with the CNHL LiPo I bought.
Yeah, CNHL is not sketchy, many people use them and like them, but I can't speak from personal experience yet. I know that @Edough13 has plenty of them, uses them for speed runs, and likes them.
whoops. wrong site
why is my downloads folder growing?
Dunno, maybe you clicked on a folder several times, or something on that "RC Hackers" site?

BTW Welcome to the forum! If you haven't yet, feel free to check out my RCT Member Location Map Thread!

Domain Name: rchackers.com
Registry Domain ID: 2613786941_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Updated Date: 2021-05-20T20:22:58Z
Creation Date: 2021-05-20T20:22:57Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2023-05-20T20:22:57Z

Website name is less than 10 months old. Does not mean they should not be trusted, but it does mean they have not been around very long.

You don't want questionable LiPos, that can end badly. Stick with brands like Liperior, CNHL, Zeee, ect. I'm using two Awanfi LiPos off Amazon and they're good, one pack has been having some balancing problems though.
This is why you don't buy LiPo's off Amazon. I have in the past bought some small drone batteries off Amazon, just for the free and fast delivery. I shoulda just flushed my money down the toilet.

Zeee may be considered a good battery by many in the hobby, but when Grey did his tests on them they were really crap compared to similarly priced CNHL, Liperior, and Zippy batteries.

yeah i only used Zeee because I just bought a Vorteks and didnt really want to spend too much more on batteries
I still get really good power and i havent had any issues with them yet

You won't really notice issues unless you get voltage sag, and even that won't be very noticeable. But the actual C ratings for the Zeee batteries was really low compared to the other batteries in the same price range as Zeee. So I couldn't spend the money to buy them when I can get much better batteries for the same price.

I have a buddy in the UK who is even more of an electronics nerd than Grey is. He does a lot more extensive tests on his batteries, and he swears by CNHL as well I guess. I didn't realize that was the ones he told me about 8 months ago.

This is why you don't buy LiPo's off Amazon. I have in the past bought some small drone batteries off Amazon, just for the free and fast delivery. I shoulda just flushed my money down the toilet.

Zeee may be considered a good battery by many in the hobby, but when Grey did his tests on them they were really crap compared to similarly priced CNHL, Liperior, and Zippy batteries.
Yeah, I get your point, but at the time, I was looking for some 2s 1500mAh packs, and I didn't really do a ton of research on each of those brands. The balancing thing is partially my fault though, you see, most of the time, I don't have the time to just drive for like 20+ minutes, so quick spins, coupled with my conservative driving style, equals me not having to charge the LiPo all the way. If I had a better charger with a storage charge function, I'd probably full charge and fully balance the LiPo a lot more, but I don't have a charger that does that, so that means most of the time I don't fully charge the pack. Because most of the "balancing" happens near full charge, my packs don't always get balanced that much, so that plus the cheaper LiPos is probably why one of them is a little unbalanced ATM.

I'm going to get a better charger sometime!

Oh, interesting. That reminds me, I miss @Greywolf74, I hope he'll come back! I found out last night that CNHL have a 2s, 1500mAh, 100c (continuous, 200c brust!) LiPo with a Deans connector, and it's cheap! Seems too good to be true, but from what I've heard about CNHL, it's true. Only two downsides, the first being it's only sold on CNHL's website (never bought from them before), and not Amazon (Amazon carries a CNHL two-pack, the LiPos are identical other than the fact the Amazon CNHL's have XT60 connectors, and I can't solder).
The other small issue is that it's not in stock, and I have a gut feel that it might stay out of stock for a while, but hopefully I'm wrong! For <$10 you're getting A LOT of LiPo for your $$, and apparently, you're getting a lot of GOOD quality LiPo for your buck!

BTW, for anyone who's gonna be like "You can use adapters for the Amazon CNHL LiPos!", yes, I know, but I would prefer to not use adapters again (I used Tamiya to Deans adapters for my old brushed setup in my 144001...don't even get me started on why the heck HobbyWing still uses...let's just say, the mediocre Tamiya connectors on some of their budget ESCs).

Plus, the Amazon CNHL packs are more expensive at $26 for two, but all things considered, that's only $2 more than the two pack of Awanfi batteries cost me, and that's still a good deal. I've rambled enough now!
I use zee almost exclusively. I run 5200 50c packs and have had many for almost 2 years and running. I've only had one issue with zee in the past. One came dead but they replaced it no issues
Same here @Kimmie28 , I use Zeee and no issues.
Do you guys have any of the other brands of LiPos that @WickedFog recommends (ie. CNHL, Liperior, and Zippy) to compare the Zeees against? I'm wondering how much of a difference in actual running there is between the Zeees and those other brands, Grey's testing was super good, but real-life bashing/running can have different results than controlled testing, like sometimes you can't really feel that much of a difference between different C ratings. :)

Last edited:
Check these guys out
Never heard of them but as to what battery to buy I really like the Ovonics brad they have a longer run time and charge faster than the others been using them in planes and rc cars. Can get them from amazon with whatever connector you want

Hobbying is like flying a full-suze airplane---》an attempt to fill deeeep holes with lots of MONEY ! For what it's worth, I am pretty lucky that I have local sources like Dan's Hobby House of Waverly. IA https://mccumbersrchobbyhouse.com/ , http://www.caboosestophobbies.com/ . My local RADIO/TV place gets me my HAM Radio gear http://www.fishelectronicservice.com/ And Bob's is my source for most luthier supplies https://bobsguitars.com. If it is "out there" these people KNOW AND USE the stuff they sell. They are my best source for tech queries. I use ON-LINE as a last resort like my AQUACRAFT TRAWLER no longer available here in the US. https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/ . I wonder if AMAZON would be there when I need help flying my home-built 52" fixed wing UAV 🙂 Exotica like my TESLA COILS, CYCLOTRON, CALORIMETER DETECTORS and LAP STEEL BASS GUITARS have parts I can only get on-line though. Point is that less than 20% of my hobby needs come from online. So maybe trying to find reputable local sources is a good idea. Oh yes and forums like this one are VERY useful as well ! F.W.I.W.- there is a local farmer who inherited a Boeing Model 75 in pieces that he keeps in a shed. I learned about it over Olde Faerte's Coffee. Too big for my house; so it sits patiently waiting to fly again ... ... ...

A new company here guys they're trying to get their name out they say that theymake quality batteries for everything Lipo including drums helicopters um starships planes, but what we're going to use them for obviously is mostly rc cars and this is going to be our test vehicle old elroy here he's ready and fired up and got the marksman getting warm for us and we're going to hit the trails. All right guys so rchackers 2s 5200mah lipo battery what we got with the marksman was this like, I said this is our biggest heaviest crawler and we're actually able to get a couple hours out on the trails with one battery and it does come with a two pack so guys um i mean i would imagiane if you just came out here and we're trigger the whole time you're probably going to run for about an hour or so on one of batteries but if you're out here trailing you're obviously not going to be on the trigger the whole time you're going to be on and off backing up you know playing around you know you can expect a couple hours with a big heavy crawler like the marksman or you know maybe even a few hours with a lighter truck. In overvall, rchackers lipo is a budget option!

Back