Anything I can do?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsd1244

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Long story but I will try and make it short. I was having some trouble upgrading with my Revo. I was putting a Picco in and doing some other mods but I just didnt have time to finish it, with work and family member becoming ill, I just did not have the time. So I met a go online who said he could help me out for free. Well I sent him my Revo and he was sending me updates every couple of days on how the upgrade was going including pics of the work. Then all of the sudden I dont hear anything from this guy. Now I can't get a hold of him and I suppose the Revo is gone. No more phone calls and no more emails. He is in Michigan and I am VA, and I have no clue how to get the truck back. I guess that is what I get for trusting someone. Man am I an idot or what???

Sorry man that sux how long ago was this? Do you have the guys home address, or phone number? If you know where the dude lives I would take a little road trip and get my Revo back if I were you. I wish I had an extra Revo lying around I would gladly give it to you if I did.

Well i you have a phone number and email address take them to the police of FBI and report him to them.... they can track him down and give you a street address of this idiot that stole your truck.... I would go bazarke on him if he stole my revo...

Give the address to the local police and have them check it out. It's a good bet the guy was squatting or using somebody's address for the scams. The people who live at the address you sent the revo to probably don't know anything about it. Sucks man, sorry.

All I have is a phone number, no answer of course. He said he Divorced his wife and moved last time I talk to him.

Just be aware of this guy if you run into him on any other sites. His name is Joe and he is from Jackson MI. I have his email address and phone number but I dont guess I should post them. Just look out for this guy if he tries to sell you anything.

still a phone number is registered to an account somewhere... the police should be able to find him through his number... even his email address.. they can track his ip address of his computer that he used to set up the account... hopefully it was in his own home....Good luck on gettin it back

Bro, It really hurts even on listening..I can imagine what u must have gone thru...Why dont u get his address n kick this mans a**

If u have his number can't u get his address from it from the phone service provider?

Even if he could track the guy down getting his revo back may be next to impossible the guy may have sold it, parted out, or even worse upgraded it, put all new parts on it and is now calling it his. These things get broken and rebuilt so many times and so many different ways that he may not even recognise his truck if it was sitting right in front of him. Unless you put some kind of identifying mark on it somwhere that only you know about, I'm affraid your Revo is history. However if you did track him down and kick his a** it might make you feel better I know I would!

If his internet account had been canceled due to a move, your Emails would be returned. It sounds like he's all BS and ignoring you.

Back