Anyone with a Redcat Rampage XT or MT ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kfarron1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Interested in buying a Redcat 1/5th scale gas truck, either the MT ir the XT...

Which is better ?

How reliable are they?

Is there alot of mods out for them?

How do they perform right outta the box? speed and such....

Thanks in advance...

PS: I'm gonna sell two of my 3.3 t-maxx's to buy the Redcat, or at least I'm thinking about doing that...

Thanks for the info!

I will look into this more, I think I'm gonna go for it though!

Well,

I jumped the guns and bought a Redcat Rampage MT...

I got it in the mail yesterday, What a fun toy!! So much different then my tmaxx's....

:)

There is no comparison between 1/5 scale gas and 1/8 scale nitro. I have completely gotten away from nitro since I got my 1/5 scale.

I'm in the process of gettin out of nitro, I have six t-maxx's I need to sell....

I'm all about my 1/5th scale now, no comparison is right!

I already have added a jetpro side mount exhaust pipe and a tgn air filter with veloticy stack and filter sock, HPI 8,000 rpm clutch and spring should be in today/tomorrow...

The list will continue as I learn more about this truck...

Here's a picture:

DSCN1315-1.jpg

I'm thinking of investing in one of these next with the possible sale of some nitro stuff. Throw up some more thoughts and opinons now that you have had it for a spell.

Hey make sure all bolts and screws are tight every time you run it. O and use lock tight the blue kind. Peace!

These MT's are beasts, I love it!!!

Cool looking truck, glad to see you where able to get one. I've been in 5th scale for the last 6 years and there is no comparisson. I'll dabble with the smaller stuff here and there but always come crawling back to my first love.

I Love my MT, infact I bought a MT PRO as well but I'm gonna convert mt regular MT into a TT...

Here's pics of them both...

506c3658.jpg

9f37a1e6.jpg

We are starting to race every 2 weeks at Fear Farm, and there are alot of Baja, Redcat and Losi there. I had to make a Losi killer, to show some love for Redcat!!

DesRat1.jpg

DesRat2.jpg

DesRat3.jpg

FlowXTside.jpg

It is a stock 30.5 with only loctite, a Flowsytem pipe and a new body.

I just bought a Revo 3.3 but prior to that I was debating on the Redcat 1/5 but was unsure of the name.
Any reviews thus far. Speed, Handling, reliability, etc...?

I am a retail seller of the Redcat Brand, as well as HPI Baja, so my opinion wouldn;t be too helpfull. Price is low, fun is huge and you get to learn about Large Scale to see if you want to go farther.

I have a nice v3 that I'm currently researching upgrades. I've got a 990 carb, HPI filter,kill switch and Rovan tires(didn't like them but stuck with them).
Would love to hear what upgrades increase the stock motor performance. I'm eventually going to go with a belt system and a zenoah motor... But I want to play and learn as I go.

I also bought a v2 that needs an arm, body, and remote... Is in pieces but the price was less than $200 so I can't complain.

Here's some pics of both.

Attachments

• 20190926_203231.jpg
    20190926_203231.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 20191001_183951.jpg
    20191001_183951.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 20191001_183945.jpg
    20191001_183945.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 164
Back