Anyone still running a stand alone failsafe???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aabaray13

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just getting back into the hobby. I just picked up a used nitro truck with a 2s 7.4v lipo receiver pack, and high voltage servos.
The radio does have built in failsafe for signal loss, but not for low voltage. I would like to have the low voltage protection too... I have an old venom failsafe from years back, but don`t know if it will work with the 7.4v pack???

If the old venom unit won`t work, any suggestions on one that will??? I looked around at a few, but can`t find any specs on them.
By the way - I always run a throttle return spring, but like the extra piece of mind with a failsafe.

Thanks

Having 2 fail safes might cause some issues. Guessing it might cause some issues with the built in one.

I used to run the OFNA micro one in all my rigs back in my FM days.

I had a Venom one I used for my FM transmitters/receivers but it would not work on my 2.4 MHz units. Duratrax has a current one that works on Futaba 2.4s but no mention of any other brands. I just ordered one and yet have to install and test it on a Traxxas 2.4 TQ controller on my sons TMaxx. I have a Futaba 4PV on my TMaxx and I'm using the built in failsafe that has both radio signal lost and selectable voltage threshold for low voltage protection

For nitros I like to use the Killer RC Bumble Bee kill switch. It stops your motor if something goes wrong. As for being able to tell when the lipo gets low, you should get a stand alone voltage alarm. Theyre not very expensive. Without it you'll damage that lipo cuz buy the time the lipo gets low enough to trigger a fail safe its probably been over discharged.

http://www.killerrc.com/product/bumble-bee-nitro-kill-switch/