Anyone see the Cross RC JT4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I guess you either love or hate van trucks. This one is really cool, comes in a kit (or rtr) and I like it so much I want two. One for the shelf and one to drive. They could have run an extra set of wheels in the back to compete with the trx6. You could also buy a two bodies and make a trx6 body. Anyways, I saw this tonight, looks like the news has been out since earlier this summer but I missed it. Release will be this fall.

This may be my next crawler. However, I'm going to see what all the reviewers have to say first.
The website doesn't mention if electronics are included with the kit or not. I think $480(rtr) is steep for an rc brand that really doesn't have a strong reputation, but the kit price is doable for me.

Looks awesome, but they don't have a very good reputation for reliability. Of course they could be improving like Redcat has. I know there is a learning curve for the smaller companies. This is a wait and see situation. I do really like the look though, thanks for sharing this one. :)

I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on that info.

I really dig that unique body!
Same here. Not normally a fan of the van style crawlers, but I like this one. I liked the truck they showed better though 😉

This may be my next crawler. However, I'm going to see what all the reviewers have to say first.
The website doesn't mention if electronics are included with the kit or not. I think $480(rtr) is steep for an rc brand that really doesn't have a strong reputation, but the kit price is doable for me.

Looks awesome, but they don't have a very good reputation for reliability. Of course they could be improving like Redcat has. I know there is a learning curve for the smaller companies. This is a wait and see situation. I do really like the look though, thanks for sharing this one. :)
The AT4 has been out for a while, I thought most liked it. This is basically one of those with a different body. The Demon series had some issues but tbh I’ve not owned any of their products. The electrics are the dumbo radio and I think a 1040 hw esc though I’m not certain. Lots of YouTube on the at4 so I’m sure someone covers it.

Whoa! 2 speed tranny, portal axles - and they look pretty cool as well. A crawler you can bash with. Very interesting.
My wraith has a 2 speed, switchable from the remote. That, along with a Tekin Pro 4 3300kv and I could clear the big double at the local track. 😁

My wraith has a 2 speed, switchable from the remote. That, along with a Tekin Pro 4 3300kv and I could clear the big double at the local track. 😁
That is a pretty hot motor for that rig! I wanted a Wraith so bad when they came out but I couldn't afford one back then. Then so many other ones came along. Thinking about the Ryft kit, mainly because it just looks like a great one to build. Are the transmissions the same in the Ryft and Wraith? If so, what shift servo are you using?

That is a pretty hot motor for that rig! I wanted a Wraith so bad when they came out but I couldn't afford one back then. Then so many other ones came along. Thinking about the Ryft kit, mainly because it just looks like a great one to build. Are the transmissions the same in the Ryft and Wraith? If so, what shift servo are you using?
I've been out of the game for a while, so I'm not familiar with the Ryft. I used a Hitec micro servo for shifting, and it's an RC4WD AX2 transmission. Being a sensored brushless setup it really works well for both crawling and bashing. I figure my Wriath was just a hair slower than my MERV on 2s packs. LOL

I've been out of the game for a while, so I'm not familiar with the Ryft. I used a Hitec micro servo for shifting, and it's an RC4WD AX2 transmission. Being a sensored brushless setup it really works well for both crawling and bashing. I figure my Wriath was just a hair slower than my MERV on 2s packs. LOL
I put a Hitec Micro in my list for the Ryft as well. I couldn't find any specs on the stock Ryft servo, so was just going by eye lol. Figure if I have to print something to make it work I will.

I put a Hitec Micro in my list for the Ryft as well. I couldn't find any specs on the stock Ryft servo, so was just going by eye lol. Figure if I have to print something to make it work I will.
Does the Ryft come with a two speed? Or are you talking about the steering servo? I'd highly recommend an upgraded steering servo. Stock one says 200oz or torque. I think the Savox steering servo in my Wraith is right at 500oz. 😁

Does the Ryft come with a two speed? Or are you talking about the steering servo? I'd highly recommend an upgraded steering servo. Stock one says 200oz or torque. I think the Savox steering servo in my Wraith is right at 500oz. 😁
Yeah, the kit has a 2 speed option with it. But the recommended Spektrum servo is said to be terrible for it. But I can't find the dimensions for it to find a proper replacement.

I've been eyeballin' the Ryft. Been reading some mixed things on it though. Like this

Last edited: