Anyone ordered from osengineshop.com

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbullz

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Saw a deal on the OS11KR for my Revo but didn’t look at the web address on the phone browser till it was too late. Thought I was ordering directly from OS. Welp…either I’m going to get what I thought I wanted or I’m out 70 bucks. Time will tell.

Osengineshop.com

I can’t remember where I bought it but, I paid $74 for my last os11k carb. About two months ago. I bought it through PayPal so I wasn’t worried about losing if it was a scam.

I’m pretty certain it wasn’t from the above listed page though.

Nice!!!!!!

If I had plans to build another OS powered traxxas nitro. I’d jump on that glo plug deal!!

you better call your cc company..or youll endup like my bro he went to grand prix. bought a pair of sunglasses and next day he had 5000 $ charges in florida

legit link.
1st one was not
without https. then you better run

Those sites are garbage and there's several hints:

Banner across the top that follows you (don't know why, they all do this though)
Generic "about us"
Street address not associated with a real business (in this case a random home address)
Limited history on archive.org - this is a big one, website created within the past year.

I would say that the prices raise an eyebrow, but part of the problem is that sometimes they're savvy enough to make them believable but tempting.

This "style" of site is super common, and they've figured out how to game Google search results so that they show up as "product" listings alongside legitimate retailers like Amain and Hobbyking. You can immediately recognize them once you've seen a few.

Here's another thread about the same kind of site and problem.

They gradually wise up, adding one or two more convincing details, so eventually there will be fake sites that pass all the criteria I've listed.

Last edited:
1709826735639.png

Well. I just received a shipping notice from china. CC company was zero help and the vendor wouldn't cancel my order. I can't wait to see the $71 surprise that will be in the box in "7-14 working days". :D